Boot Camp Help

Hello. I recently installed Windows XP on Boot Camp with my Mac.

Unfortunately, even after installing the Mac Boot Camp driver CD, I can't do two important things...

- Get the Boot Camp control panel to pick startup drives from Windows

- Get the Internet running. It sees the local wireless signals, but refuses to connect when I try to click on them (not even prompting me for a password)

Can anyone help?

Hello. I recently installed Windows XP on Boot Camp with my Mac.

Unfortunately, even after installing the Mac Boot Camp driver CD, I can't do two important things...

- Get the Boot Camp control panel to pick startup drives from Windows

If you reboot, hold the option key immediately after rebooting and you'll get the startup manager. Not sure why the Windows control panel isn't working...

- Get the Internet running. It sees the local wireless signals, but refuses to connect when I try to click on them (not even prompting me for a password)

May be a driver issue? If possible, try a wired connection to see if that works. I would then upgrade to the latest XP service pack and then reinstall the boot camp drivers.

I tried to update to SP3, but it won't do it, saying it needs 4MB of free space (apparently this is a known problem, solution being to edit the registry).

Good news is I managed to get a hold of a wireless connection elsewhere...I think the problem is SP2 doesn't like WPA.

Disconnecting from it, I attached my computer to an Ethernet cable hooked directly to the wireless, and it worked.

Might try to fool around with it today again.

Can anyone help?

is your wireless discoverable?

I've seen randomly that some devices don't connect to a wireless router unless the wireless signal is discoverable, simple and worth a shot.

• The title was changed to Boot Camp Help

Archived