Travis Street Plaza: Construction At 4500 Travis St.

lockmat

Site work and new construction of a residential development in Houston. Preliminary plans call for the construction of 192-unit affordable housing building. ...

4500 Travis Street, Houston TX 77002

http://www.bidclerk.com/project.1339216.html

http://www.houstonmidtown.com/cms_templates/cmst_cal_popup.cfm?id=2459&dir=1

I found this project listed below:

http://www.houstontx...ts-20100331.pdf

We need some development along Main so this could be good, still looking for renderings...

The Midtown website says the target persons will be making 30 to 60% less than average "AMFI" - Applicable Median Family Income...

I think for Harris Country this is about 60K... so the target persons will be making between 42K and 24K

Edited by DrLan34

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

nice, looks like this will be a good amount of infill for a good cause...

That Midtown Terrace? I wouldn't count on it looking nice at all. I remember when they took over the Days Inn they said people would think confuse it for a 5 star hotel. The final product looks more like a seedy motel in a border town. That part of the Midtown neighborhood needs something different to liven it up a little.

That Midtown Terrace? I wouldn't count on it looking nice at all. I remember when they took over the Days Inn they said people would think confuse it for a 5 star hotel. The final product looks more like a seedy motel in a border town. That part of the Midtown neighborhood needs something different to liven it up a little.

that's no bueno... let's hope it looks close to the rendering...

• 3 months later...

The variance for this was just approved on May 26th, 2011

Personally, I don't care what anyone thinks, I think this will be a good site and a proper place for those that served in the armed forces that don't have the ability to take care of themselves.

I don't really see this as having an adverse effect on people living in the nearby areas.

For those that are more concerned about the crime and "homeless" population, then the only thing they can really do is keep harping on the police about the area.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I was walking down Richmond towards wheeler station when I saw this construction beside the 59 offramp. Does anybody know what it is? I'm guessing some sort of homeless shelter since I think that's what the building behind it is, but I really have no idea.

img1749v.jpg

Thanks. I'll continue to post photos if anyone is interested, as I usually walk by there a few times a week. It's not the most interesting project I guess but considering the locations (it fronts an off ramp and is behind a gas station) I guess you can't expect much. I hope it provides good services to those in need and doesn't just encourage more panhandling and urban blight around wheeler.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • The title was changed to Travis Street Plaza: Construction Near Richmond Ave. At Highway 59
  • The title was changed to Travis Street Plaza: Construction At 4500 Travis St.