The Little D

wxman

Have u lived And been around metroplex honestly westchsse area is not even large as lies colinas man get real stop hating an enjoy both cities grow up a little go get your facts right then comment not back to Dallas is may not look gojd but at least attended school an college as well what univ. Did u attend just asking

I feel like you are Boomhauer from King of the Hill. No one in their right mind can fully understand what you're trying to communicate to us. I'm also impressed that one thing you're trying to argue about is which city has larger freeway loops. Out of everything you could argue Dallas has that is better, you chose freeways??? Still, if that's the case our projected 180 mile Grand Parkway under construction has you beat.  :P And do we really need to go into who has the better skyline?  :D

Edit: Also I was born in Dallas, but tried to get to Houston as fast as I could!

OK so Houston has longer skyline OK you seem to be open minded person now if u visited dfw before you would that dfw is hilly compared to Houston which is for most part flat I'm not saying that means dfw is better my point is is that to view galleria downtown Addison los colinas i35 skyline you would have to be traveling west to east on 635 and even still you won't be able to see i75from downtown to 635 that corridor would have to be seen from another angle but as I mentioned on 635 going east you can a long stretch of skyline from DT Dallas going all the way north if it weren't for the land scape hills etc you would see a lot more one time trust what I'm saying .by Houston not having elevation like dfw it gets cut short u can't even see Richardson because of elevation or I 35 corridor coin into DT Dallas because of it u canaporeciate grown better because its for most part flat .idont mean that in a bad way I live joepool lake area cedar hill very pretty lake ray Hubbard preety as well remind u a little of parts of LA. But I like Houston if u enter Dallas from 45 coming from htown if u come in from north whether it be 75 35 Dallas tollway through Addison or from allen. plano people would get a bigger feel if Dallas size not mention com in in from ftw I drive from joepool lake to cooperate Dr on I 35 n that's 48 miles from my house an I'm still in Lewisville n Dallas

Its no different than com in to htown from 45to 59 all the way to hwy 6 but there are freeways in Houston that's scarce com in in like 288 or 610 from ship channel etc if dtw Dallas were where Arlington is at vice versa dfw would have slightly different feel there are enough bldg iwithin a 20 mile area goin nw ne n w the approach before actually get to DT is beautiful com in from 35 75. Dal tool way sykljnes are in place way before DT dallas

Its no different than com in to htown from 45to 59 all the way to hwy 6 but there are freeways in Houston that's scarce com in in like 288 or 610 from ship channel etc if dtw Dallas were where Arlington is at vice versa dfw would have slightly different feel there are enough bldg iwithin a 20 mile area goin nw ne n w the approach before actually get to DT is beautiful com in from 35 75. Dal tool way sykljnes are in place way before DT dallas

Please stop. Your posts hurt my eyes.

I'm 43 years old

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Plastic, is that you?

Even Plastic's grammar wasn't THAT bad. But then again, I think I remember Plastic stating he was in his mid to late 30s about 5 or 6 years ago so if this guy is 43, that would put them both around the same age.

But I'm starting to think he's doing this on purpose. He keeps posting this jibberish to get a response, then when we respond, he laughs it up to himself.  It's obvious need for attention, if he's really 43 and not 10.  If we don't feed into it, maybe he'll go away or start posting something sensible. So back to the topic.

Now....

As far as Dallas goes, I was just there in February and I was astounded by the amount of building that had taken place in its Uptown/Downtown area. McKinney Ave seems to have alot of those patio bars and window shopping underneath condos and apartments in such a small mile radius. The new Kylde Warren Park is very nice. I didn't get a chance to actually walk the park. As much as I hate to admit it, Dallas's Downtown/Uptown area is starting to feel a little more vibrant than the downtown area of Houston. Some people are going to hammer me for this, but I think some of that vibrancy has alot to do with the flashy new buildings and brightly lit areas at night.  On the other hand, outside of the downtown/Uptown area, things seem very sparse in Dallas with the exception of the North Central Expressway cooridor. I like the fact that Houston has development going on and more places to go even outside of its downtown. I guess Dallas's answer to this is the plans to create a Midtown where the old Valleyview mall was.

Houston's midtown is showing some promising growth, especially up there off where Bagby is being redone. And north of Gray by where the Edge is, I remember seeing a new restaurant below the apartments. It seeems that Midtown Houston west of Main Street has really begin to blossom, but I'm not understanding why its not garnering the attention of a new tower, hotel (or at least renovations of the rotting Days Inn and Central Square buildings), or more retail below apartment/condo buildings like in Dallas. As for  Pearl Midtown and Post Phase II developments,  I'm very interested in seeing what they will bring to the area. I understand that  UTD is probably about 15 years ahead of MTH. I'm glad MTH is seeing somewhat of a mini-boom, but I want to see a new tower and maybe some retail

The trolley idea that Dallas has would not be a bad idea for Midtown. I think they should put a streetcar/trolley through West Gray (west of Main Street) and it should jog its way up through Washington Avenue. Just an idea since there was talk of a Trolley a while back.

And this may be old news, but why did Barcadia in Houston close? The one in Dallas is still open.

Don't worry scare face it ain't about that but I'm please that someone such yourself have some some thing nice to say about Dallas don't forget I still got love for htowns let's not degrade one another personally you all started it

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to change subject for min. But I live in Dallas visited h town a lot FAM etc . But entering bigd from 45: is what every body talks negative about saying its not like entetning htwn from conroe and its open area from dtwn D to ftw etc. But fact is I don't think a lot of people ever enter dDallas from Allen on 75 or from Denton on 35 or from Frisco from Dallas tollway actually past Frisco and gives same feeling to me if u were going to htwn from conroe or 10 coming out of Katy in fact it probablye b more densed in if we had to travel from Galveston to288 that would every suburban coin to DT Houston or even from 10 bayown area goin DT Houston folks just don't get out that way to see Dallas area is big don't judge it by 45 and 30 coin to ftw

Sorry to change subject for min. But I live in Dallas visited h town a lot FAM etc . But entering bigd from 45: is what every body talks negative about saying its not like entetning htwn from conroe and its open area from dtwn D to ftw etc. But fact is I don't think a lot of people ever enter dDallas from Allen on 75 or from Denton on 35 or from Frisco from Dallas tollway actually past Frisco and gives same feeling to me if u were going to htwn from conroe or 10 coming out of Katy in fact it probablye b more densed in if we had to travel from Galveston to288 that would every suburban coin to DT Houston or even from 10 bayown area goin DT Houston folks just don't get out that way to see Dallas area is big don't judge it by 45 and 30 coin to ftw

I haven't a clue what this post is talking about. It sounds like jibberish. 

Exactly livincinco finally someone knows what I'm talking bout it is so very true that route entering Houston from I 10 from beaumont is not develop in fact way less develop than 30 west to fortworth and really it is not so under develop there's the water ways an few isolated areas but for most part its hilly not flat so you can't see population until u get off freeway but if everyone enter from north u can pick any of the 3-4 freeways you want people would be saying how big dfw really is and they would be saying how boring or under developed htwn is which would be negative look 12 counties make up dfw 10 counties make up htown metro point being there both have a lot of counties Harris county 4 mil Dallas county 2.4 mil not.1.2 like I always see people write dal proper is 1.3mil Houston proper is 2.2 mil then all other counties come in do your research for all haters or for folks who relay don't no Dallas is very develop I can drive from denton 35 all the way to cedar hill that's 50 plus miles easily or from ftw to east dal in rowlett 80 miles all city just like you can drive in hoston

There are other parts of htown that's not very develop ifcyoy all want to there I just want people to really no what there talking bout when they speak of Dallas metro I really believe mist judge Dallas only by I 45 which is no justice please explorer more get off of freeways enjoy the city life Dallas dtown always gave things going on dfw very big on the music seen use to live in htown its cool to there both Texas cities plus Dallas metro is diverse you meet from everywhere this dal folks being snobbish and all is bull s go to LA. It any place including htown they have unfriendly people there to trust me

There are other parts of htown that's not very develop e I just want people to really no what there talking bout when they speak of Dallas metro I really believe most people judge Dallas only by I 45 which is no justice please explorer more get off of freeways enjoy the city life Dallas dtown always gave things going on dfw very big on the music seen use to live in htown its cool to there both Texas cities plus Dallas metro is diverse you meet from everywhere this dal folks being snobbish and all is bull s go to LA. It any place including htown they have unfriendly people there to trust mealso there are plenty of entry ways to Houston that are not impressive like 288 going north i10 going west parts of 610 etc.tollway not impressive going from hwy6 to dtown.

Archived