Home On Willard St.

rudy44

My wife and I live in Midtown (yes we rent one of the dreadful Perry townhomes) and like to go for walks through the area. We have often admired a 3 story house on Willard Street between Taft and Mason. The house has an open modern look, the second floor walls are all glass, it has posts that go from the ground up to the third floor and great lighting which makes the house features look even better at night. Both my wife and I have conservative taste and would not normally be drawn to modern architecture, but this house is like a magnet and we can't help but admire it. Does anyone know who was the architect? Appreciate any input. Thanks.

hi rudy44 and welcome to HAIF.

Sorry, I have no info on that particular house - but have you considered knocking on their door and asking? I bet the owner would be pleased to hear his house is admired.

And if he's not pleased, you'll have an interesting cocktail party story.

I actually live a few blocks down from the home you refer to. I live at Mason and West Webster in one of "those dreadful Perry homes".

I don't know the architect but I do know the owners of the house. In fact, this home is featured on a Houston Homes tour. It is quite spectacular on the inside.

The view is incredible from the top floor.

Just stay away from BSA. We had a horrible time with them. The design dimensions were not right several times, the Plumbing plans were totally wrong and against code. I could go on, but I hope you get my point.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • The title was changed to Willard St. Home Architect
  • The title was changed to Home On Willard St.

Archived