HAIF Bowl Pickem Challenge 2010

Highway6

oops, i meant a Wisc win would really help 20stdad... glad TCU won. Looks like I'm gonna get all 128 pnts.

We've both gone perfect so far Kinkaid, but you're right.. your confidence pnts are starting to hurt ya... I've gained 70 on ya so far today.

Aggie, your out-on-a-limb-picks backfired.. but least ya didnt risk too much on em.

You did stack a lot of points towards the end and definitely a risk taker with 31 on Wisconsin/TCU and 32 on TAMU/LSU which are both coin flips. The good news is you could be set for a big comeback while the rest of us run out of points.

Mizzou and Baylor look like pretty big toss-ups for 30 and 32 at this point too. Who can say beforehand? I was happy to lose that 31 on Wisconsin to see the Big 10 go 0-5 today. That's much better than winning the bowl pick em.

As for the 32 on LSU, it's my homer pick. I had us at 1, but then said F that, if we're gonna win I want it to be extra sweet, and if we lose I won't care enough to look at the pick em scores that night anyway.

I did end up at 137 on the day, not too bad.

Kinkaid has 28 points left,with 346 total score

Hwy6 has 86, 324

Aggie has 66, 305

20th Street has 117, 280

Bob has 95, 231

Based on 20th Street picks left, he might catch Hwy 6 based on all but VA Tech & Nevada being opposite picks. I didn't look at every possibility but it looks like Kinkaid and I either run out of points or have too many similar picks to Hwy 6 to beat him and his points that he will gain on similar picks. Sorry Bob but just too far out.

Guess since I'm out I can just focus on Cotton Bowl.

Kinkaid has 28 points left,with 346 total score

Hwy6 has 86, 324

Aggie has 66, 305

20th Street has 117, 280

Bob has 95, 231

Based on 20th Street picks left, he might catch Hwy 6 based on all but VA Tech & Nevada being opposite picks. I didn't look at every possibility but it looks like Kinkaid and I either run out of points or have too many similar picks to Hwy 6 to beat him and his points that he will gain on similar picks. Sorry Bob but just too far out.

I would say based on my poor picks thus far I'm not catching anyone. I do look forward to Oregon smoking Auburn in the championship. Wishful thinking maybe, but I hate them.

I ran the numbers and you are correct sir. Kinkaid, Aggie92, and Brijon, even if they win out still lose.

20th, you do indeed have a chance. We have all but Nevada game picked differently.

The good news is you don't even have to win out. There is even 1 scenario where you only have to win 3 of the 6 remaining games to be the winner (LSU, KY, Oregon)

Bad news, LSU is a must win for you though. You need your 32 points. My Aggies win, and I could lose every other game and still win the overall by 2 points.

Not including an Aggie win where I'd win outright, If i win exactly any 1 other game, then it will come down to Auburn-Oregon to settle it for us.

Everyone picked Nevada, including me. My only chance to win is for Boston College to pull the upset since most everyone else put a lot of confidence points on the Wolfpack. If Ohio State, Miami of Ohio, LSU, Boston College, Pitt, and Oregon win, then I'll come in first, Highway 6 will be second, DieAuburnDie will move up to 3rd, Aggie92 will drop to 4th, and Bob will bring up the rear. However, only 72 points will separate first from fifth.

Everyone picked Nevada, including me. My only chance to win is for Boston College to pull the upset since most everyone else put a lot of confidence points on the Wolfpack. If Ohio State, Miami of Ohio, LSU, Boston College, Pitt, and Oregon win, then I'll come in first, Highway 6 will be second, DieAuburnDie will move up to 3rd, Aggie92 will drop to 4th, and Bob will bring up the rear. However, only 72 points will separate first from fifth.

Good catch., but actually, its not even that daunting for you.

You're actually in the weird position of needing to lose at this point. Technically, you only need 1 more win, coupled with 2 specific losses, Nev and Pitt. If you lose all your games except Oregon... you win.

I think in any scenario, the Sugar Bowl and MoO game are meaningless.. the door is still open to 3 of us starting with the Cotton Bowl.

20th, you do indeed have a chance. We have all but Nevada game picked differently.

The good news is you don't even have to win out. There is even 1 scenario where you only have to win 3 of the 6 remaining games to be the winner (LSU, KY, Oregon)

Bad news, LSU is a must win for you though. You need your 32 points. My Aggies win, and I could lose every other game and still win the overall by 2 points.

Sorry 20th.. I'm wrong. You'd beat me, but I didn't factor in how much a factor Kinkaid still is... those 3 games would not get you the overall victory.

You can miss 1 of the following, Arkansas, Nevada, MiamiOH pick, but everything else you have to get right.

Brijon.. if you win out, you'll be in last place. However... if you get your Miami, LSU, and Oregon picks wrong... You escape to 4th place, while 20th finishes last.

What you all fail to realize is I have picked another game worth 200 pts that is not on the list...that is where I will make my valiant comeback!

OK so obviously I did a terrible job this go round but it could be worse, I could be a Big Ten fan.

We actually have the possibility of a tie here...

If the following win: Ark, MoO, LSU, Pitt, BC, Auburn..... Kinkaid and I will tie. And I have no clue how the tiebreaker works since usually its a combined score thing.

i5u24x.jpg

The bad news for me is that I really want the Hogs to win tonight. I HATE Ohio State and the latest news coming out of Columbus about car dealerships and "loaner cars" to players like GMC Denalis is beyond dirty. When will the NCAA crack down on a big time, big ten program? The worst part about it all is how the Big Ten fans like to claim they run a clean conference.

The bad news for me is that I really want the Hogs to win tonight. I HATE Ohio State and the latest news coming out of Columbus about car dealerships and "loaner cars" to players like GMC Denalis is beyond dirty. When will the NCAA crack down on a big time, big ten program? The worst part about it all is how the Big Ten fans like to claim they run a clean conference.

Well.. you Should be rooting for them then.. If the buckeyes win on top of the the above scenario, I'd beat you by 1 pnt in the final standings.

That would be just terrrrible.

LSU at 32...jus' sayin'. Bunch of big 12 aggie homers...actually 3 out of 5 picked LSU, but whatever. I can't win the pick em, but this win feels nice.

A ) You're still alive. If you win the remaining 3 games, you win the overall 374-371 over Kinkaid.

B ) Geaux to hell, Tiger fan !!! :(

LSU at 32...jus' sayin'. Bunch of big 12 aggie homers...actually 3 out of 5 picked LSU, but whatever. I can't win the pick em, but this win feels nice.

Hold on now...might have been doing some whiskey math there. If Kentucky, Nevada, and Auburn win, I think I win.

Let's Go Eagles!

For Boston, For Boston,

We sing our proud refrain!

For Boston, For Boston,

Tis wisdom's earlthy fane.

For here all are one

And their hearts are true,

And the towers on the Heights

Reach to Heaven's own blue.

For Boston, For Boston,

Till the echoes ring again!

Let's Go Eagles!