GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

I went to PSP a few weeks ago and wasn't impressed, but it was only one visit. The tap was messed up and giving off a bunch of foam, but instead of fixing or suggesting a different beer the bartender just kept letting the foam die down and pour some more. The Guinness tasted terrible as a result. The layout felt kind of like a shotgun house, thin with an exit on each end, and the prices were about average. I didn't try any food.

Also Yao's is dead as a doornail every time I go by. Andalucia and McCormick and Schmick's seem to be pulling in the business.

I went to PSP a few weeks ago and wasn't impressed, but it was only one visit. The tap was messed up and giving off a bunch of foam, but instead of fixing or suggesting a different beer the bartender just kept letting the foam die down and pour some more. The Guinness tasted terrible as a result. The layout felt kind of like a shotgun house, thin with an exit on each end, and the prices were about average. I didn't try any food.

Also Yao's is dead as a doornail every time I go by. Andalucia and McCormick and Schmick's seem to be pulling in the business.

That's cause he was injured last year. Next year buisness will be booming! biggrin.gif

I went about a month ago. The food is decent. But it didn't strike me as anything better than what you'd find in a suburban Chinese restaurant.

• 5 months later...

This is good for downtown and Houston Pavilions. This place is just across the street from HP:

OFFICE: Hurd Enterprises has moved and expanded its Houston division offices to the 16th floor of the 1010 Lamar building. John Schwarz Jr. of Skyline Realty Advisors-Commercial Lease Consultants represented the tenant. Wade Bowlin of PM Realty represented the landlord, Younan Properties.

This, too, which is one block further

OFFICE: SSY Chemicals has leased space in the First City Office Tower in downtown Houston. Michael Anderson of Colvill Office Properties represented the landlord. Randy Hancock of Hancock Realty Corp. represented the tenant.

http://www.chron.com...te/7284024.html

Throwin in a pic I took last Friday :P

5159724585_2dfe282deb.jpg

IMG_1203 by lockmat9, on Flickr

Edited by lockmat

I was there for the Arabs Gone Wild comedy show. Funny stuff. My plan was to take my date to Lucky Strikes afterward but she got wasted on the $12 double rum-and-cokes. So I took her home. Or at least it looked like her home... I was buzzed myself.

neither one of those will have much of an impact on the pavillons nor downtown houston. the pavillons especially is struggling very badly.

This is good for downtown and Houston Pavilions. This place is just across the street from HP:

Was this the Bowling Lanes whose owner was on Undercover Boss?

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.29-95.com/bars-clubs/story/scott-gertner-0

When Scott Gertner’s storied Skybar abruptly closed in July, the reactions were intense and immediate.

"It was getting frustrating reading the emails from people asking for the Skybar. 'When are you going to reopen? Where are you going to reopen?’” Gertner said.

“I was going through some anxiety there. It was really neat that people were wanting to have it again. But I just knew that I couldn't do a lateral move."

FANTASTIC NEWS!!! Should be a great venue and will help fill an important void left by the closings of both the Skybar and the Red Cat. It seems like our live music venues in Houston have been taking a BIG hit this year, but I can tell 2011 is already going to be better.

FANTASTIC NEWS!!! Should be a great venue and will help fill an important void left by the closings of both the Skybar and the Red Cat. It seems like our live music venues in Houston have been taking a BIG hit this year, but I can tell 2011 is already going to be better.

Did you know Red Cat is moving to Pearland? Yeah, I don't really equate Pearland with live jazz music, but who knows?

1500 people will be moving into the HP office space which will have a huge impact to the retail component of Houston Pavilions. I have to assume that once Reliant moves into HP in December, that more retail will come on board to capture the purchasing power of 1500 employees.