24Eleven Washington: Multifamily At 2411 Washington Ave.

lockmat

Hope this isn't a dupe topic. Not sure if it is. M-M Properties was in the news just a little while ago about buying a downtown office building, but I don't remember us talking about this yet.

[Kenneth Moczulski] has an Inner-Loop tract of land under contract with plans to redevelop the site into a 222-unit apartment complex.

The 2.5-acre industrial parcel at the southwest corner of Washington and Sawyer is occupied by an antique shop and a plant where mattresses were manufactured until the mid-20th century.

Read more: Kenneth Moczulski buys tract for new apartments | Houston Business Journal

Looks like the weekend douche crowd at Sawyer Park will be increasing by another 222 in the near future. Probably not a bad place for an apt complex, but not sure what the vacancy rates are at the one next door. I hope hope hope he does ground floor retail with this.

Looks like the weekend douche crowd at Sawyer Park will be increasing by another 222 in the near future. Probably not a bad place for an apt complex, but not sure what the vacancy rates are at the one next door. I hope hope hope he does ground floor retail with this.

I hope that it does include ground retail as well. One thing to consider is that this will be good for the overall area; there are a number of people that walk from the nearby complex on Washington. Once this goes up, this will help revitalize that part of washington a bit more.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This is very nice, but I don't hold out much hope for Washington. Everything is way too spread out. I think if they focused more on developing from downtown to Sawyer rather than further down it might help. The massive apartment complex with the gate around it, it might be right across from this really aggravates me.

This is very nice, but I don't hold out much hope for Washington. Everything is way too spread out. I think if they focused more on developing from downtown to Sawyer rather than further down it might help. The massive apartment complex with the gate around it, it might be right across from this really aggravates me.

That wont happen for a while. Washington by Houston Avenue has too many bail bonds places for it to turn around like mid & lower washington. I love my neighborhood, good places to eat and drink. And a stones throw from the gayborhood.

• 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to 24Eleven Washington: Multifamily At 2411 Washington Ave.

Archived