Carl's Jr. At Highway 6 And West Rd.

JFive

Houston's first Carl's Jr. is almost complete. Highway 6 and West Road next to Shell.

WHAT? I thought they would never come, I know they announced coming to this region almost 2 years ago, but nothing ever happened, now its coming. I thought it would end up like Krystal Burger and Fatburger and never come (1 Krystal Burger on 1960).

The next chain that needs to expand in Houston is Chicken Express. They have one in Magnolia and a little north of Conroe (New Waverly, IIRC). Don't know why they don't expand into Houston, as Houston does not have a chain like them. Their sweet tea is really good. They have them all over DFW.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The next chain that needs to expand in Houston is Chicken Express. They have one in Magnolia and a little north of Conroe (New Waverly, IIRC). Don't know why they don't expand into Houston, as Houston does not have a chain like them. Their sweet tea is really good. They have them all over DFW.

I ate at the ones in College Station a lot when I was up there. Since the Magnolia one is only about 15 min from me, I occasionally head that way when I get a craving. Golden Chick is also really similar to this. Both are pretty good (so long as it isn't an every day thing). This is making me hungry...

The high schoolers in the area have claimed it as their latest-and-greatest hang-out spot. But then, at that age, they have it's all about what's new and shiny, now matter how good or bad it may really be.

Plus they have cast iron stomachs at that age and would probably even eat Tupperware if you'd let them.

• The title was changed to Carl's Jr. At Highway 6 And West Rd.

Archived