How about an HAIF section for reviewing local business or services?

LarryDallas

I recently completed the final treatment with a local Houston area doctor and would reccomend him to anyone in town because of the outstanding service and attention to detail.

It would be kind of nice to have an area of HAIF someone could go to read up on a doctor, car dealer, painter, etc...

Perhaps to avoid any liability with phoney bad reviews written out of spite only allow postings of positive experiences so those businesses and people can get more business from HAIFers who know will know where to go for good service.

The bad things kind of tend to weed out themselves if people know about the good and go there.

Let me know what you all think. I came up with the classifieds section idea and it has worked out pretty well.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently completed the final treatment with a local Houston area doctor and would reccomend him to anyone in town because of the outstanding service and attention to detail.

It would be kind of nice to have an area of HAIF someone could go to read up on a doctor, car dealer, painter, etc...

Perhaps to avoid any liability with phoney bad reviews written out of spite only allow postings of positive experiences so those businesses and people can get more business from HAIFers who know will know where to go for good service.

The bad things kind of tend to weed out themselves if people know about the good and go there.

Let me know what you all think. I came up with the classifieds section idea and it has worked out pretty well.

I started a thread exactly along those lines once because I was pleased with some consumer product (Woolite spray carpet cleaner with Oxy Power, I think). A bunch of people chimed in with things they were happy with.

I like your idea, but I'm not sure it warrants an entire section. For now, feel free to post your positive reviews in the Houston Retail section. Also, if you are the sort of person who posts reviews on Yelp, let me know and I can link your Yelp and HAIF accounts so that your Yelp reviews are automatically posted to HAIF for everyone here to see.

Archived