lockmat

2711 Harrisburg Blvd Retail Center

Seems like it'll be a neat little place:

From the October 28, 2010 Planning Commission Agenda

This project involves the rehab of two circa-1940's buildings according to LEED standards.

The project is a mixed-use development (3 apartments, a commercial lease space, and a restaurant, called FM 2711), a transit oriented development on the Harrisburg rail line, in walking distance from train stations serving two lines, and adjacent to a bust stop.

The restaurant is is envisioned as a neighborhood meeting place, to serve the long-standing residents of the East End, residents of the new residential developments in walking distance of our location, and employees of nearby businesses such as Centerpoint across the street.

As a green development, and a restaurant with a farm-to-market focus (the inspiration for our name), we will both encourage and incentivize customers who use mass transit (we already met with Metro about a discount similar to their collaboration with Main Street businesses), bicycles and customers who walk.

gallery_723_64_47958.jpg

gallery_723_64_42938.jpg

Edited by lockmat

Looks neat. I wonder where on the harrisburg rail line this will sit. I don't remember seeing a centerpoint office on harrisburg.

I would assume the address will be 2711 Harrisburg, going to Google maps the building at that location kind of fits the dimensions of the renderings. Google maps doesn't indicate a Centerpoint office, but Google maps has been wrong before.

edit: in fact, going to the street view, I'm positive this will be the building...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=2711+Harrisburg+Boulevard,+Houston,+TX&sll=29.729543,-95.327272&sspn=0.013546,0.01929&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=2711+Harrisburg+Blvd,+Houston,+Harris,+Texas+77003&ll=29.752566,-95.346447&spn=0.000846,0.001206&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=29.752637,-95.34658&panoid=cNRWWbhVf-SjJw133aohQA&cbp=12,65.24,,1,-4.82

Edited by samagon

I make the left turn from Harrisburg onto Delano every day on my way home from work. The location of the driveway on Delano is going to be an issue—it’s literally right next to the Harrisburg/Delano intersection. I can just picture someone leaving that drive and trying to cut over to Harrisburg across a car (with the right of way) turning left onto Delano.

I like the overall idea of developing this site, and the renderings look good, but they really need to rethink the location of that driveway (to the extent they can). 

With Yoga in mind for the developer. I would love to see Black Swan make their way over to the East Side. They offer pay $10 or more as a "donation" when you go to a class and provide people an opportunity to practice Yoga  without a huge commitment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ljchou said:

Has this fallen through?

It might have. A sign is still up advertising the property for lease, but the land is now being used for parking for the Southwest Key detention center on Emancipation.

• Like 1