lockmat

2711 Harrisburg Blvd Retail Center

Seems like it'll be a neat little place:

From the October 28, 2010 Planning Commission Agenda

This project involves the rehab of two circa-1940's buildings according to LEED standards.

The project is a mixed-use development (3 apartments, a commercial lease space, and a restaurant, called FM 2711), a transit oriented development on the Harrisburg rail line, in walking distance from train stations serving two lines, and adjacent to a bust stop.

The restaurant is is envisioned as a neighborhood meeting place, to serve the long-standing residents of the East End, residents of the new residential developments in walking distance of our location, and employees of nearby businesses such as Centerpoint across the street.

As a green development, and a restaurant with a farm-to-market focus (the inspiration for our name), we will both encourage and incentivize customers who use mass transit (we already met with Metro about a discount similar to their collaboration with Main Street businesses), bicycles and customers who walk.

gallery_723_64_47958.jpg

gallery_723_64_42938.jpg

Edited by lockmat

Looks neat. I wonder where on the harrisburg rail line this will sit. I don't remember seeing a centerpoint office on harrisburg.

I would assume the address will be 2711 Harrisburg, going to Google maps the building at that location kind of fits the dimensions of the renderings. Google maps doesn't indicate a Centerpoint office, but Google maps has been wrong before.

edit: in fact, going to the street view, I'm positive this will be the building...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=2711+Harrisburg+Boulevard,+Houston,+TX&sll=29.729543,-95.327272&sspn=0.013546,0.01929&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=2711+Harrisburg+Blvd,+Houston,+Harris,+Texas+77003&ll=29.752566,-95.346447&spn=0.000846,0.001206&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=29.752637,-95.34658&panoid=cNRWWbhVf-SjJw133aohQA&cbp=12,65.24,,1,-4.82

Edited by samagon

Posted (edited)

2711 Harrisburg Blvd and 2727 Harrisburg Blvd in the East End Second Ward of Houston.

Google Map

qH2g4So.jpg

Google Map Street View from October 2018

wIwomtd.jpg

Ct7wQFS.jpg

Google Street View December 2018

YlUKTNA.jpg

Loopnet listing:
https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/2711-Harrisburg-Blvd-Houston-TX/11371342/ (archive link)

Property Type Retail
Property Sub-type Storefront Retail/Office
Gross Leasable Area 6,500 SF
Year Built 1950

Retail/Mixed use opportunity in EaDo. Ideal for restaurant/retail/yoga/coffee shop/and more Lots of parking. Front and back large outdoor seating/patio space.

Edited by CrockpotandGravel
  • Like 2

Riverside Equity Group purchased the lot 2711 Harrisburg Blvd in the East End Second Ward of Houston awhile back.

It's being redeveloped into a mixed use retail center. Previously was going to be a restaurant.

Updated site plan from Loopnet:

zkKeCvx.jpg

(link to full-sized image: link 1, link 2, link 3)

Updated rendering:

ZG0CfFW.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 11/2/2010 at 7:49 PM, lockmat said:

Seems like it'll be a neat little place:

From the October 28, 2010 Planning Commission Agenda

This project involves the rehab of two circa-1940's buildings according to LEED standards.

The project is a mixed-use development (3 apartments, a commercial lease space, and a restaurant, called FM 2711), a transit oriented development on the Harrisburg rail line, in walking distance from train stations serving two lines, and adjacent to a bust stop.

The restaurant is is envisioned as a neighborhood meeting place, to serve the long-standing residents of the East End, residents of the new residential developments in walking distance of our location, and employees of nearby businesses such as Centerpoint across the street.

As a green development, and a restaurant with a farm-to-market focus (the inspiration for our name), we will both encourage and incentivize customers who use mass transit (we already met with Metro about a discount similar to their collaboration with Main Street businesses), bicycles and customers who walk.

On 11/3/2010 at 9:50 AM, samagon said:

I would assume the address will be 2711 Harrisburg, going to Google maps the building at that location kind of fits the dimensions of the renderings. Google maps doesn't indicate a Centerpoint office, but Google maps has been wrong before.

edit: in fact, going to the street view, I'm positive this will be the building...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=2711+Harrisburg+Boulevard,+Houston,+TX&sll=29.729543,-95.327272&sspn=0.013546,0.01929&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=2711+Harrisburg+Blvd,+Houston,+Harris,+Texas+77003&ll=29.752566,-95.346447&spn=0.000846,0.001206&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=29.752637,-95.34658&panoid=cNRWWbhVf-SjJw133aohQA&cbp=12,65.24,,1,-4.82

From the City of Houston Planning Commission agenda in 2010, when developers applied for a variance request.

The address listed at the time for this shows 2727 Harrisburg Blvd (one of the buildings). Google Map shows the building at 2711 Harrisburg Blvd, and listings for this property have 2711 Harrisburg Blvd too.

It's on page 70

http://media.swagit.com/agendas/10142010-70.pdf (archive link)

And from an old Loopnet listing for 2727 Harrisburg Blvd in 2011, last updated in 2013 when the lot was sold:

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/17197671/2727-Harrisburg-Blvd-Houston-TX/ (archive link)

Lot Size 27,621 SF
Building Size 16,652 SF

No. Stories 2
Property Type Special Purpose
Property Sub-type Special Purpose (Other)
Additional Sub-types:  Flex Space, Office-Warehouse, Restaurant
Year Built 1957

This unique property features a 16,652sf brick building on almost 2/3 acre of land. It has ample parking and a city approved parking variance for commercial use. Approved plans are available for a full service resturant with office and residential lease space. Full interior demo has been completed and a new roof was installed.

The property sits atop the highly visible corner of Harrisburg and Delano, immediately along side the East End light rail line.

Edited by CrockpotandGravel

I make the left turn from Harrisburg onto Delano every day on my way home from work. The location of the driveway on Delano is going to be an issue—it’s literally right next to the Harrisburg/Delano intersection. I can just picture someone leaving that drive and trying to cut over to Harrisburg across a car (with the right of way) turning left onto Delano.

I like the overall idea of developing this site, and the renderings look good, but they really need to rethink the location of that driveway (to the extent they can). 

With Yoga in mind for the developer. I would love to see Black Swan make their way over to the East Side. They offer pay $10 or more as a "donation" when you go to a class and provide people an opportunity to practice Yoga  without a huge commitment. 

• Like 1