Retail Center At 2711 Harrisburg Blvd.

Seems like it'll be a neat little place:

From the October 28, 2010 Planning Commission Agenda

This project involves the rehab of two circa-1940's buildings according to LEED standards.

The project is a mixed-use development (3 apartments, a commercial lease space, and a restaurant, called FM 2711), a transit oriented development on the Harrisburg rail line, in walking distance from train stations serving two lines, and adjacent to a bust stop.

The restaurant is is envisioned as a neighborhood meeting place, to serve the long-standing residents of the East End, residents of the new residential developments in walking distance of our location, and employees of nearby businesses such as Centerpoint across the street.

As a green development, and a restaurant with a farm-to-market focus (the inspiration for our name), we will both encourage and incentivize customers who use mass transit (we already met with Metro about a discount similar to their collaboration with Main Street businesses), bicycles and customers who walk.

gallery_723_64_47958.jpg

gallery_723_64_42938.jpg

I would assume the address will be 2711 Harrisburg, going to Google maps the building at that location kind of fits the dimensions of the renderings. Google maps doesn't indicate a Centerpoint office, but Google maps has been wrong before.

edit: in fact, going to the street view, I'm positive this will be the building...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=2711+Harrisburg+Boulevard,+Houston,+TX&sll=29.729543,-95.327272&sspn=0.013546,0.01929&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=2711+Harrisburg+Blvd,+Houston,+Harris,+Texas+77003&ll=29.752566,-95.346447&spn=0.000846,0.001206&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=29.752637,-95.34658&panoid=cNRWWbhVf-SjJw133aohQA&cbp=12,65.24,,1,-4.82

Edited by samagon

• 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to 2711 Harrisburg Blvd Retail Center

I make the left turn from Harrisburg onto Delano every day on my way home from work. The location of the driveway on Delano is going to be an issue—it’s literally right next to the Harrisburg/Delano intersection. I can just picture someone leaving that drive and trying to cut over to Harrisburg across a car (with the right of way) turning left onto Delano.

I like the overall idea of developing this site, and the renderings look good, but they really need to rethink the location of that driveway (to the extent they can). 

• 4 months later...
  • The title was changed to Retail Center - 2711 Harrisburg Blvd.
  • 8 months later...

So I was curious about this property and googled the address. There *used to be* an old two story building that matches the exterior/shape of the drawing above. Here's an old apartments dot come post for it:

https://www.apartments.com/2711-harrisburg-blvd-houston-tx/g2tmkjw/

Also on google maps street view you can see it there as recently as May 2011.

It was demolished some time after that. That's too bad. It would have been a nice spot to have a restaurant/retail location. Instead it's been a parking lot for 10+ years. Hopefully that will change soon.

• Like 1

There's a parking variance in for this site. 

Exiting 6,223 sq ft structure for retail/restaurant use. Signs are up.

Required parking is 49 spots and they are requesting to have 28.

Being heard at the April 13 Planning Commission meeting. 

If you'd like to give your commentary, email: speakercomments.pc@houstontx.gov

Edited by wilcal
  • Like 2

There were leasing materials for 2711 Harrisburg Boulevard on Loopnet and other real estate listing sites. I'm not certain when the listing was created or when it was removed.

Riverside Equity Group is marketing the property.

Details from the leasing materials:

» 27,621 sf (lot)
 » 6,500 sf retail / mixed-use
 » Retail/Mixed use opportunity in EaDo
 » 1,500 - 6,500 RSF available for lease
 » Ideal for restaurant / retail / yoga / coffee shop / creative space
 » Exceptional parking
 » Large outdoor seating/patio space in both front and back

https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/iyfGnbl1HRkXBa869-64fJdEwmorGKfGeWReifVzgsA/Marketing BrochureFlyer.pdf

jezFr6Q.jpg

jlYcXbY.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

Rendering of 2711 Harrisburg Blvd. 

This was included in leasing materials for the property. I'm not sure if developers are keeping this design or not. I assume it is based off Riverside Equity Group's Facebook post last September (although the year is incorrect).

https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/iyfGnbl1HRkXBa869-64fJdEwmorGKfGeWReifVzgsA/Marketing BrochureFlyer.pdf

qZn4S7C.jpg

LshJluY.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2023 at 11:59 AM, wilcal said:

There's a parking variance in for this site. 

Exiting 6,223 sq ft structure for retail/restaurant use. Signs are up.

Required parking is 49 spots and they are requesting to have 28.

Being heard at the April 13 Planning Commission meeting. 

If you'd like to give your commentary, email: speakercomments.pc@houstontx.gov

As mentioned above, the item was deferred by the planning commission and will be heard next week. 

The public comment packet showed almost exclusively comments against granting the parking variance.

It is really easy to submit a public comment. Just include a name and your quick thoughts here: speakercomments.pc@houstontx.gov

Just mention 2711 Harrisburg Parking Variance

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wilcal said:

As mentioned above, the item was deferred by the planning commission and will be heard next week. 

The public comment packet showed almost exclusively comments against granting the parking variance.

It is really easy to submit a public comment. Just include a name and your quick thoughts here: speakercomments.pc@houstontx.gov

Just mention 2711 Harrisburg Parking Variance

Comment sent. C'mon y'all, this is the time for brigadiers!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JClark54 said:

Anyone know what "future Delano bridge crossing" references? 

Delano is on the Major Thoroughfare & Freeeway Plan to be widened to become an 80' Major Collector (double lines on the map below are to-be-widened).

In order to cross the rail tracks and Harrisburg a bridge is needed.

There are no imminent plans to do so, but it is something to be considered.

image.png.96af7456fccf03774e0e5f57e1e9e0d6.png

• Like 3

Thanks, what I assumed. 

Would be an amazing addition to the area. Near the proposed Ennis METRORail stop and would go a long way to connecting the Columbia Tap with the Harrisburg Trail, if plans to extend the Harrisburg Trail ever take off. 

Edited by JClark54
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to Retail Center At 2711 Harrisburg Blvd.
On 4/27/2023 at 7:19 PM, hindesky said:

PNM83lY.jpg

Regarding the proposed courtyard and outdoor seating for 2711 Harrisburg Blvd, included below is more information. The details are from the statement of facts submitted with the off-street parking variance request:

We are looking for a variance reduction from 52 spaces to 15 spaces for a restaurant tenant. The purpose is to preserve the current natural, unpaved north courtyard for outdoor dining, and provide additional new green space in the form of a mini park adjacent the proposed East pedestrian entry from Delano St. We feel its justified by the proximity of the light rain green line on Harrisburg and pedestrian walk-ups from nearby EaDo residential developments.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 4