Moon Tower Inn At 3004 Canal St.

I stopped in at Moon Tower Inn last night and had a spicy buffalo sausage and a few lonestar beers. This is a new Dive Bar that opened about a month ago and is located at 3004 Canal.

The menu includes 10+ sausage varieties made from wild game (venison, buffalo, wild board, duck, chicken, lamb, rabbit, and elk). They also have a vegetarian style sausage. The buffalo sausage I had was very delicious.

I like their motto: Damn Good Food, Cold Ass Beer.

Here is a link to their website: www.damngoodfoodcoldassbeer.com

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is good.

$1 lone star on tap.

Getting drunk for under $20 is still possible.

This place sounds promising, but not to derail this thread, I just found a place on washington with .50 (Fifty cents, half dollar) beers.

The place on canal sounds more my speed, though. A low douchebag count is a reason alone to attend.

This place sounds promising, but not to derail this thread, I just found a place on washington with .50 (Fifty cents, half dollar) beers.

The place on canal sounds more my speed, though. A low douchebag count is a reason alone to attend.

certainly a more laid back place than anything on Washington (that I've been to).

certainly a more laid back place than anything on Washington (that I've been to).

Just came from there, and the D&W Lounge before it. The Moon Tower Inn crowd is kind of young, hip, and therefore douchey according to my metrics, but the concept and execution is fantastic. I shall return.

Funny, my buddy was cooking up some brats for the UH game yesterday and he asked if I knew about the Moon Tavern. Will have to check it out. Hope I don't feel the need to get a piercing from the crowd though...

Nah. It appeared to be mostly college kids with a late surge of slightly obnoxious club kids after midnight. Squeaky girls teetering on their 5 inch heels, etc. Very much reminiscent of an outdoor BBQ stand with patio tables and a yard. The sausages were great and they had some very good buns, almost like a brioche dough. The rabbit was very good, want to try the duck.

A great addition to the neighborhood.

3004 Canal, only reason I remember is cause the sign out front says "No. 3004"

it's on the south east side of the corner of Canal and Ennis.

Also don't think it was mentioned earlier, but this place is very bike friendly (as in bicycle), they have j-hooks in the patio cover, so just carry your bike in with you and hang it by your table.

• 2 weeks later...

No lunch.

Sausage reports:

Piggy Smalls (pork) - fine, kinda dull and normal.

Elk Apple Pear Port - Good

Buffalo - Good

Apple and sage (vegan) - Quite good

Scrooge (Duck) - Excellent

"Mexican Business" some kind of meatless chorizo, vegetarian - Not that good, in my opinion.

Duck sausage? Seriously? :lol:

it was a slow seller at first, but that was because the menu was a misprint, they had used the wrong vowel in the spelling of the word "duck".

not many people were enticed by the idea of "dock sausage".

what, you thought I was going to say something else? :P

• 2 weeks later...

I went there Thursday after work at 4:45PM and the said they were still closed (but everything was open) and that they where opening at 5PM but the food won't be ready till 5:30PM. :( I wanted to get it to go. So I went by there yesterday (Monday) at 5:30PM... and they were CLOSED!!! UGH!

Archived