Sign in to follow this  
editor

Texas is using the election to woo new businesses

In a couple of weeks voters in Washington state will decide if they want to start an income tax. Texas is using this to its advantage:

Texas Gov. Rick Perry has sent letters to around 90 top employers and a few business associations in Washington urging companies worried about taxes to head on over to his state.

"As the State of Washington considers a multibillion-dollar tax increase for citizens and businesses ... I invite you to consider your future in America's new land of opportunity: the State of Texas," Perry wrote.

"If Washington doesn't want your business, Texas does. Texas has no personal income tax and no interest in getting one."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politicsnorthwest/2013224923_texas_hopes_initiative_1098_wi.html

Perry is also going to win this election with his Texas = no/low taxes, good for business (relocation), good for jobs, strong on (*cough*) public education mantra. Despite voters' fatigue of Rick Perry, it doesn't look good for White.

In a couple of weeks voters in Washington state will decide if they want to start an income tax. Texas is using this to its advantage:

http://seattletimes....ve_1098_wi.html

As much as I despise Perry, I have to admit that this is very clever. Maybe we can lure Boeing? :)