Well G, how could this happen!

Materene

Interesting although I don't agree with their statement:

"Such a large discrepancy between Republican and Democratic households seemed a little suspicious considering Democrats are typically far more likely to be in favor of abortion and small families than Republicans." 

That statement hurts their credibility

To others, that statement just helps their credibility. You can tell that their intended audience happens to be supporters of the Tea Party. The last paragraph is a dead giveaway.

There were dedicated efforts under the Bush administration to find and prosecute voter fraud, and only a few dozen cases were found nationally. There is no credence to this article...it is simply meant to stir up fear and anger in a touchy constituency that wants to blame others for their problems.

Moronic.

Voter Fraud isn't a major problem. Voter suppression, which is what "True to Vote" is all about, is problematic.

Just google "voter suppression Texas" and see what pops up. There are already complaints about over-zealous "poll watchers" hovering over people, trying to turn people away, and using other intimidation tactics. Channel 13 already has a report about it.

The tactics these groups use are quite simple. They tell voters that there will be background checks before they can vote. They tell them it is illegal to vote if their current address doesn't match their voter id card (that isn't true). They talk of fines and jail time. They prey on minorities and the poor who are more likely to move around, are more likely to be afraid of "authority" figure types, and are less likely to know their own rights.

You know those people at the polling booth who get your signature and give your voting number? They look at every voter registration card, instantly knowing (generally) who's voting for who. Registered Republican or Democrat? It says so on your card (along with your address!), and they know it. Isn't that kind of creepy? blink.gif

You know those people at the polling booth who get your signature and give your voting number? They look at every voter registration card, instantly knowing (generally) who's voting for who. Registered Republican or Democrat? It says so on your card (along with your address!), and they know it. Isn't that kind of creepy? blink.gif

We don't register for a party in Texas. You get a stamp on your card if you voted in a primary, so you won't vote in both of them.

I dont' think poll watchers are intimidating folks. They aren't allowed to talk to anyone.

Sheila Jackson Lee was apparently gladhanding voters inside the Acres Homes early polling site, which is illegal.

As one of 'those people' (I've worked as an election clerk for many years), no, we don't know who's voting for whom. The registration stamp is only applied for people who vote in the primary elections. No one is denied the vote on that basis.

If you have a specific gripe, take it up with the precinct judge. Your ignorance is disturbing and insulting.

As one of 'those people' (I've worked as an election clerk for many years), no, we don't know who's voting for whom. The registration stamp applies only during primary elections. It has no bearing on voting in general elections. I've never seen (or heard of) anyone's right to vote being questioned on that basis.

If you've observed anyone being denied the right to vote, please step forward. If you have proof of voter fraud, do the same. In the mean time I suggest you shut up.

That article is the biggest bunch of hooey I have read in a long time. I like the assumption that even the post man delivering our mail is intimately envolved so that he can keep his civil service job. This conspiracy theory is so far fetched, it's a wonder that the author could keep a straight face while writing it.

And what is a polital hack? Would I recognize one if I saw one? How do they dress?

Archived