The Myrtle B. Fonteno Building At 2850 Fannin St.

SteveW

About 2 weeks ago I was leaving the Nouveau Antique Art Bar on Main and decided to loop around the block to get a closer look at that mural on the adjacent abandoned building. I noticed a guy in a large truck loading or unloading something on the Fannin side of that building. It was around 11pm at a vacant building so I found it rather odd. I also noticed some barrels stored on the property. Does anyone know the status of that property?

That's the old MHMRA building. Looks OK from the outside, but is apparently pretty useless on the inside. Charles LeBlanc at Midtown Authority told me a few years ago that it has 7 foot ceilings, inadequate elevators, dead end halls, etc.

That's the old MHMRA building. Looks OK from the outside, but is apparently pretty useless on the inside. Charles LeBlanc at Midtown Authority told me a few years ago that it has 7 foot ceilings, inadequate elevators, dead end halls, etc.

My dream is for them to gut the place and move the Angelika into it. One can dream... right?

• The title was changed to Building On Main St. And Tuam St.
  • The title was changed to The Myrtle B. Fonteno Building At 2850 Fannin St.