Midtown Block Party

rsb320

http://www.midtownartinthepark.com/inside/party.htm

Date: Saturday, October 2, 2010

Time: Noon-9pm

Residents are encouraged to walk to the Block Party or

use the convenient McGowen Light Rail stop.

Sound like a fun.

Do you think this Super Block would be a good location for a permanent park?

would be a good location for a park... better for retail if it could survive...

i'll be there.

http://www.midtownar...nside/party.htm

Date: Saturday, October 2, 2010

Time: Noon-9pm

Residents are encouraged to walk to the Block Party or

use the convenient McGowen Light Rail stop.

Sound like a fun.

Do you think this Super Block would be a good location for a permanent park?

Please confirm that you changed the time from 5:30 to 2:00.

Yeah, I changed it. I got an email after posting that they moved us up to the 2pm slot (still doing some reshuffling of the entertainment). She told me it's not 100% yet, but if something changes I'll update my post on here. So right now it stands at 2pm.

Swing by the stage at 2pm... I'll be the guy singing for the band playing :D

Got stuck over by the kiddy ferris wheel and did not make it over to the stage before y'all wrapped it up. Y'all sounded really good.

Striped shirt, right?

Got stuck over by the kiddy ferris wheel and did not make it over to the stage before y'all wrapped it up. Y'all sounded really good.

Striped shirt, right?

Yep, that was me. Thanks for the compliment. It was a little warmer than I thought it would be at that time. It started to feel great later in the evening though.

What was on this site previously? Was it the circa 1920's supermarket or was that where the new Camden is now?

They need to turn this site into a park for Midtown. I know the Fire Museum is to be built at the end closest to the Cadillac dealership.

What was on this site previously? Was it the circa 1920's supermarket or was that where the new Camden is now?

They need to turn this site into a park for Midtown. I know the Fire Museum is to be built at the end closest to the Cadillac dealership.

There was Hargest College, a really ugly building with parking underneath. After the school went bust, the building went into disrepair. Thieves took everything they could carry, including the elevators. I forget what else was on that block.

Excellent, i've seen a few Lower Life Form shows there... i'm in bogota right now with an tentative return date, if i get back in time i'll try and check it out

Playing Dean's (downtown) this Saturday night. Dean's is our main place we play in Houston.

• The title was changed to Block Party
  • The title was changed to Midtown Block Party

Archived