Sheraton-Lincoln Hotel At 711 Polk St.

Disastro

• 3 weeks later...

Great to see downtown is getting another parking lot YAY

Actually, it's going to be a landscaped park, if I understand correctly. They are going to be using the existing underground parking that the hotel had.

they're almost to the point where they can throw the debris in the Dumpster now :)

Given how gravity works, if they had someone with really good aim, they could've done that this whole time. ;)

Edited by Golyadkin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another one becomes just a memory. This is just sad. What are my children going to have to remember when they are grown? Parking lots!

This in particular is going to be landscaped on the surface, as I understand it. The parking is underneath the former hotel and has been utilized consistently up until the demo started. That will be used again after they complete the tear down.

This was an empty shell of a building for the better part of 20 years that is most vividly remembered by those who had to be near it for the strongest urine stench in all of downtown.

Sometimes, it's just an old building.

This in particular is going to be landscaped on the surface, as I understand it. The parking is underneath the former hotel and has been utilized consistently up until the demo started. That will be used again after they complete the tear down.

This was an empty shell of a building for the better part of 20 years that is most vividly remembered by those who had to be near it for the strongest urine stench in all of downtown.

Sometimes, it's just an old building.

20 years? Are you sure? I had a friend who worked in this building I think... was this the Amerikana Building towards the end?

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like the whole process was quite fast.

Indeed. I found it fascinating enough to stand out in 100* temps and take pics.

It also looks like the surface lot across Polk from the Sheraton site is getting at least repaved, if not some other construction going on.

Indeed. I found it fascinating enough to stand out in 100* temps and take pics.

It also looks like the surface lot across Polk from the Sheraton site is getting at least repaved, if not some other construction going on.

let's hope it's new building that is under everyone's radar. :)