Paid off the mortgage...

brucesw

I paid off my mtg a couple of months ago. I got a refund of the overage in a week or so then waited 7 weeks and all I got was the original note stamped 'Paid in Full.' Is that all I should get or should there be some other document, formal letter or something?

As part of the settlement costs I paid a $16 County Recording Fee. Is this taken care of? Do I need to go down to the Clerk's office and take care of anything or is it finished?

Thanks for any advice from anybody who's been through this. I've only paid off a note through a sale before, never done it this way.

I paid off my mtg a couple of months ago. I got a refund of the overage in a week or so then waited 7 weeks and all I got was the original note stamped 'Paid in Full.' Is that all I should get or should there be some other document, formal letter or something?

As part of the settlement costs I paid a $16 County Recording Fee. Is this taken care of? Do I need to go down to the Clerk's office and take care of anything or is it finished?

Thanks for any advice from anybody who's been through this. I've only paid off a note through a sale before, never done it this way.

You need a release of lien filed with the clerks office. It will come from the mortgage company. Until you have it, the lien will still show up on title searches.

If its a small bank it can take a while. I payed off my 2nd note about 3 weeks ago, and I am still waiting on the release of lien. I have received nothing back from my bank yet.

You need a release of lien filed with the clerks office. It will come from the mortgage company. Until you have it, the lien will still show up on title searches.

If its a small bank it can take a while. I payed off my 2nd note about 3 weeks ago, and I am still waiting on the release of lien. I have received nothing back from my bank yet.

Thanks. I thought I should get more. Will they send this to me or to the County Clerk? It's been over two months now; BOA was servicing the loan and ReconTrust, a BOA company, sent the note, so it's not a small bank.

Archived