Kuykendahl Expanding To FM 1488

Muralpainter

For the far-NW Alden Bridge residents it gives them better access to the world than going east to Greenbridge or south to Woodlands Parkway. Other than that its just a road extension.

The Kuykendahl-FM1488 intersection will be just west of 242-FM1488 intersection by about ¼ mile. I certainly hope they synchronize the two sets of traffic lights.

Welcome to east Magnolia. It offers more space yet easy access to the amenities of The Woodlands without paying their inflated home prices. Let me know if you need any details on the area.

Thank you, I've been visiting the area a lot for the past few months since East Magnolia is where my girlfriend lives... and yes that's part of my motivation for moving there which hopefully will happen in late February.

I love the area, everything you need is right there, Woodlands Mall isn't too far away and I think Market Street is an amazing place, not to mention never being late to a weeknight concert at the Pavilion like I've been every time due to traffic coming up all the way from the Upper Kirby area in Houston.

I didn't notice the start of any construction crews when I was up there however I have the curse of lacking the power of observation unless I'm looking for it. Will look for it next time.

• 3 months later...

They've begun clearing trees at the southeast corner of the 1488 and Kuykendahl intersection. I assume this is where the new HEB is going; I didn't think they'd begin this soon. Has anyone heard whether this new store will be similar to the one at Woodlands Parkway and Kuykendahl, with expanded produce, etc?

Also, Kuykendahl was cleared in the fall but no construction has begun. It's only about 1,000 feet of road; I wonder what the holdup is?

• 2 months later...

A brief update: looks like construction is continuing on Kuykendahl, and the HEB is starting to fly up, the walls of the back corner are already there.

On a side note 1488 is undergoing lots of little changes... another Chevron is coming near 1488 and 45, they opened a new Denny's near Egypt Lane in the existing building (I wish it were an Ihop tho, and after eating there once... I REALLY wish it were an Ihop instead :\ ...), Land has been cleared across from the Estate apartments back near 45 but I think it's just there to be sold or leased... Still waiting for the expansion of Research Forest through to the section of RF in front of the Laurelwoode apartments at 2978, but that's a whole 'nother topic...

Lots of land for lease down Egypt Lane, but still sitting in limbo understandably... will keep my eyes peeled

A brief update: looks like construction is continuing on Kuykendahl, and the HEB is starting to fly up, the walls of the back corner are already there.

On a side note 1488 is undergoing lots of little changes... another Chevron is coming near 1488 and 45, they opened a new Denny's near Egypt Lane in the existing building (I wish it were an Ihop tho, and after eating there once... I REALLY wish it were an Ihop instead :\ ...), Land has been cleared across from the Estate apartments back near 45 but I think it's just there to be sold or leased... Still waiting for the expansion of Research Forest through to the section of RF in front of the Laurelwoode apartments at 2978, but that's a whole 'nother topic...

Lots of land for lease down Egypt Lane, but still sitting in limbo understandably... will keep my eyes peeled

Good news. This should go well with the expansion of the section down by 2920 and Kuykendahl-Huffsmith Rd coming out of the Woodlands into Spring.

• 4 weeks later...

Also noteworthy for those who live and commute past this area that the poles for the traffic lights are up,so I suspect we will see this new road open in a matter of weeks or at least by summer... only con i can think of is: another traffic light to slow me down commuting to Houston and back everyday, yay.

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Kuykendahl Expanding To FM 1488

Archived