College Football Pick'em

Highway6

I get paid, right? 13 out of 16, come on! I'm never going to do that again. Too bad this is free for fun and in my fantasy league where I can win money I tanked this week.

Yeah, 20th st. u did great... 13 of 16 is out of this world. I did the stats vs. the spread a week ago and the spread was only correct 54% of the time. So, your 80% is incredible!

I've been all about the risk lately b/c of that 54% stat. It's maybe up to 60%, but I'm going to keep taking the risk in hopes that I will have a 13 of 16 day like 20th had.

• 2 weeks later...

My last second change was tonight's game. I'm either gonna look like a complete idiot, or a genius.

Not a COMPLETE idiot or COMPLETE genius, in my opinion. If you were picking Fresno to WIN, then I'd agree ;)

Dude...if Boise St. wants to be taken seriously, they need to get rid of that track. That's so 90's.

ps - I think you're more crazy not picking Ok. State not to cover against Kansas. Is there something I don't know about? Just a gut feeling (as are most of our picks)?

pps - how was that sack not a penalty for unnecessary roughness? Guy was stinkin dragging him.

Edited by lockmat

The drag was funny.

Boise St is favored by 30+ every week. I've bet against them before and paid. What made me change my mind this time was seeing the espn article a couple hours ago that mentioned the possibility of snow or freezing rain. I figured there might be a chance of a lower scoring game than usual. BS's 2 turnovers are proving me right thus far.

As for OKie St. Sometime ya gotta pick what ya want to happen or what ya need to happen. It helps the Aggies small yet possible division title chances if OSU loses this game. Kansas sucks as usual.. This was a Heart pick, not a head pick... here's hoping for a miracle.

• Like 1

Holy hell that was an amazing game.

Yeah, even though it was low scoring, it was a really good game. Nebraska shot themselves in the foot a lot. I don't remember what the call was, but I remember the refs made a bad call that extended the drive on which allowed the Aggies to go ahead.

Oh well, I'm happy for them and hope they get a chance at the big 12 title game. Them and UT play on Thursday, right?

The call that most were complaining was the late hit on QB by the Nebraska DB which gave A&M a first down that led to the winning field goal. My opinion was that it was not really all that late of a hit. However, it did look like the DB lowered his head which made the hit look worse and probably should have been called for it. Regarding the other calls, I don't recall any others that weren't well deserved as Nebraska was not playing smart. Nebraska is good but I'm glad we didn't let them roll thru the Big 12 on their way out.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I had problems with the yahoo site all weekend. I wasn't able, till just now, to see what a crappy week I had.

Anyways. 1 short week left with 9 pnts available.

With Sevfiv's brainfart over the holiday weekend, it's now down to a 3 horse race. First game of the week is Friday evening.

Contenders

Elecpharm ..134

20thDad .. 134

sowanome .. 132

Pretenders

Lockmat .. 125

Highway6 .. 124

Brijonmang .. 122

Sevfiv .. 121

Aggie92 .. 118

Bench Warmers

ProHouston .. 93

Wreck'em Tech ..74

TimmyChan .. 70

Practice Squad

Puma .. 0

Edited by Highway6

Crap. With one exception, there is a reason for those blocks of like scores.

None of the contenders missed a week. The pretenders each missed 1 week. Bench warmers missed multiple weeks.

Exception - myself.

I'm apparently the underachiever of the group, having not missed a week, but still not a contender. I suck.

Goal of the week - top Lockmat by 2 pnts so I can claim moral victory and not have a worse score than someone who missed a week.

Crap. With one exception, there is a reason for those blocks of like scores.

None of the contenders missed a week. The pretenders each missed 1 week. Bench warmers missed multiple weeks.

Exception - myself.

I'm apparently the underachiever of the group, having not missed a week, but still not a contender. I suck.

Goal of the week - top Lockmat by 2 pnts so I can claim moral victory and not have a worse score than someone who missed a week.

Sevfiv really gave all us a better chance...Maybe I should honor this week to Sevfiv and edit my name to "Sevfiv2".

ibupro/elecfarm and sevfiv really gave me a run the entire season and 20th st. really came on strong over the last month :ph34r:.

Now, I'm going for the win with nothing to lose. This is what I've been doing since 20th st. had the strong run a few weeks ago!!!!

Edited by sowanome

It's down to the last 3, and can go either way between me and ibuprofen (who was that again?). VT looks to have it locked up, but we have that picked the same. But we have OU/Neb and Hawaii/UNLV picked different, so the two point swing can tie it, put me up by 2, or I lose by one. Craziness!! Too bad I'm not gonna stay awake until the Hawaii game is over to find out.

ibu = elecpharm.

yeah, down to you two.. Though, if FLST pulls out, combined with an UNLV vistory, and we'll have a tie for 2nd with Sowanome and Ibu.

My moral victory over lockmat( ergo, not below anyone who missed a week) is so far intact.. That one is going to come to the final game as well, HAwaii wins and we tie, UNLV wins, and I'm up by 2.

Big XII game has been entertaining so far.. though sucks for the winner, they'll get big bad Biggish East winner UConn in the one BCS game nobody will give a crap about.

Edited by Highway6

ibu = elecpharm.

My moral victory over lockmat( ergo, not below anyone who missed a week) is so far intact.. That one is going to come to the final game as well, HAwaii wins and we tie, UNLV wins, and I'm up by 2.

Sorry :(

I thought overall standings were tied, but it shows me up by 1, and with that cover by Nebraska, it's over!!! When do I get my money?

Congrats on a first play tie.

There's no tie breaker???

Elecpharm.. congrats to you as well.

20th - I signed up for ESPN.. but it doesn't appear to have leagues...It appears my picks are up against the general population. Am i just not seeing it? You wanna give it a try ?

Edited by Highway6

You can choose to create or join a group, and if you make it private you can put a password on it. We can do yahoo too, doesn't matter to me. That way some people won't have to make a new login for new stuff. I already have one I use all the time.

Ok I made one:

Get in the action now:

http://games.espn.go.com/bowlmania/en/group?groupID=11556

Group: HAIF Bowl Challenge 2010

Password: haify

I'm registered. Took me a few minutes because Aggie92 belongs to someone else but when you enter it lets you name the entry so I could keep it the same.

I'm not sure about the confidence selection. Seems like that takes all of the luck out of it and makes this more of a skilled selection. Other words....., I might have to think!