College Football Pick'em

Highway6

Looks like we'll have a new points leader this week... Congrats to Aggie92 for being the only person not able to find 10 minutes to make their picks this week <_<

Almost forgot this week as well. Sorry about the missed week, but I was out of the country and away for 2 weeks and out of my routine of checking HAIF so missed it. I'm guessing I won't be the only one so here's hoping the rest of you miss a week. :blink:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm guessing I won't be the only one so here's hoping the rest of you miss a week. :blink:

It happens to us all eventually. 4 weeks in and over half of us have missed a week.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

We'll have a new points leader this week as well. Group picks are up.

7 "Unanimous" picks - TCU, MichSt, Wisc, OU, Neb, Arizona, and Oregon

6 "One vs the World" picks -

Brijonmang picked Temple over PSU & UCLA over Texas

Lockmat picked Auburn over SC & SanJose over Utah

ProHouston picked KY over Fla while Aggie92 is the only ND faithful in the house.

In the game of the week, we have 5 picks for Alabama and 4 for Arkansas

TimmyChan.. Get your picks in bro.. You have about 2 hours.

I don't know who the heck WreckemTech is... but he needs to get in his picks as well.

And not to be an ass, but I think I've mentioned 3 times for the people with non-obvious team names to reveal who they are in Haif.

Elecpharm did so.. Thank you sir.

Wreck'emTech and Whoknows have not.. This is supposed to be a game for the Haif community and if you can't claim your team, as far as I'm concerned, you don't belong in our game. To the regulars in this thread and other players, am I over-reacting? Should I let it slide or give them an ultimatum then kick em?

I'd like to know who they are but if they don't reveal themselves, I don't really care that much.

The SEC looks VERY avg. this year, they may have 1 -2 natl. competitive teams (LSU and Alabama) this year .

With this quote, I meant that LSU and Alabama (and now maybe Arkansas?) were the only teams in the SEC that stand a chance against other top teams from OUTside of the SEC. However, there's no way that I can see LSU as a ntl. contender.

Anyway, At this early point in the season I'd predict 2 of the following teams to play for the title :

Ohio State (Michigan's QB and Iowa are the only teams in the BIG 10 that can beat them)

Boise St. (IF they win tonight)

Alabama (IF they beat LSU and Arkansas)

Oregon (IF they beat Stanford)

Nebraska or Oklahoma

ANY Thoughts? Hopefully this will be a good day for me! 13pts or more! Please let Michigan and Ohio State rest their starters in the 4th qtr??!!!

Wow.. just got home from Museum Day to see UCLA whippin up on Texas and Arky beatin up Bama... Awesome.

Museums were crazy today...although I went to the Health museum for the first time. I'd love to go when it's not crowded and I'm not chasing around kids.

Hopefully Texas got a wakeup call, but I doubt it. Personally, I think Texas recruits athletes, not football players.

Museums were crazy today...although I went to the Health museum for the first time. I'd love to go when it's not crowded and I'm not chasing around kids.

Hopefully Texas got a wakeup call, but I doubt it. Personally, I think Texas recruits athletes, not football players.

We spent too much time at MFA.. we were planning on doing the Health Museum afterward but ran out of time.

I need to read the Texas game recap... I have no clue what happened in that game, I just know this aggie likes the result.

Glad Arky lost... would be too much pressure on the aggies had Arky vaulted into the top 5 before our nationally televised game.

Look out, I just moved up from 10th to 9th.

Standings

Rank Pick Set Name Total Pts W-L

1 ibuprofen 44 44-34

2 whoknows 43 43-35

3 sowanome 43 43-35

4 20thStDad 42 42-36

5 The Lockmat Guerreritos 41 41-37

6 Highway To Hell 40 40-38

7 Wreck 'Em Tech! 36 36-42

8 Timmy Chan Fighting Egg Rolls 35 35-43

9 Aggie92 34 34-44

10 No way Bro-se 33 33-45

11 ProHouston 31 31-47

This week's games are up and ready for your picks. No Top25 Thurs or Friday games on the docket this week, so you got till Sat morning.

Look out, I just moved up from 10th to 9th.

Standings

Rank Name Pts W-L

1 ibuprofen 44 44-34

2 whoknows 43 43-35

3 sowanome 43 43-35

4 20thStDad 42 42-36

5 The Lockmat Guerreritos 41 41-37

6 Highway To Hell 40 40-38

7 Wreck 'Em Tech! 36 36-42

8 Timmy Chan Fighting Egg Rolls 35 35-43

9 Aggie92 34 34-44

10 No way Bro-se 33 33-45

11 ProHouston 31 31-47

Sad... Lockmat missed a week and is still ranked higher than me. You mind taking October off?

Sorry guys - I haven't checked back here much to post :blush:

I'm whoknows, and this is my first time around doing this (learning curve + lucky!)

Welcome sevfiv.

1 better than you with my 3 correct out of 9.

Glad to see that tu will lose their streak of 160+ weeks of being in the top 25. They had the 6th longest streak in history.

tu, HAH! I also think it's pretty sad that OU's official hand sign is a down horns; talk about embarrassing.

This game gave me a glimmer of hope for UT's future, but it seems G Gilbert has no touch on his passes.

tu, HAH! I also think it's pretty sad that OU's official hand sign is a down horns; talk about embarrassing.

.... not as embarrassing as about-to-be-falling out of the top 25 for the first time in a decade.. not to mention a very real chance looking at their first 3 game losing streak since 99 when they go up to Nebraska next week.

This game gave me a glimmer of hope for UT's future

Welcome to mediocrity, 'whorns !

.... not as embarrassing as about-to-be-falling out of the top 25 for the first time in a decade.. not to mention a very real chance looking at their first 3 game losing streak since 99 when they go up to Nebraska next week.

Welcome to mediocrity, 'whorns !

haha...actually made me laugh.

Hopefully Gilbert learns a lot this year and comes back a much more mature player next year. I still can't get my head around why they don't try to get the ball into the hands of Malcom Williams and Goodwin more, those are our real playmakers, not Kirkendol.

This game gave me a glimmer of hope for UT's future, but it seems G Gilbert has no touch on his passes.

I think it's sadder that all you little 12 schools have cute little hand signs.

I told you we (LSU) sucked! I don't even want that win. Dumbest coaches ever, we now have more evidence than we need to fire and upgrade.

Tough week on the picks, at best I'm gonna land at 6 out of 15. Good thing I don't play with real money. Or fake money.

Maybe we are doing it wrong? Maybe we ought to use our entire arms instead, like the SEC flagship school, and do something like the Gator chomp, chomp, chomp. haha jk ;P

EA_gator_chomp.jpg

Maybe we are doing it wrong? Maybe we ought to use our entire arms instead, like the SEC flagship school, and do something like the Gator chomp, chomp, chomp. haha jk ;P

EA_gator_chomp.jpg

Insulting Florida, the U of jorts, isn't gonna bother me one bit. But yeah, a full 2 arm motion is less cutesy than the little hand signals.

I told you we (LSU) sucked! I don't even want that win. Dumbest coaches ever, we now have more evidence than we need to fire and upgrade.

Tough week on the picks, at best I'm gonna land at 6 out of 15. Good thing I don't play with real money. Or fake money.

As an Aggie, I have little sympathy for LSU fans who constantly complain about their coach who consistently fields Top 25 teams and has won a national championship. He's obviously doing something right. Meanwhile, the Aggies just can't turn the corner. And you think your coaching situation is so terrible?

Figured out how to change my name - now it's the same as here..

Sorry guys - I haven't checked back here much to post :blush:

I'm whoknows, and this is my first time around doing this (learning curve + lucky!)

As an Aggie, I have little sympathy for LSU fans who constantly complain about their coach who consistently fields Top 25 teams and has won a national championship. He's obviously doing something right. Meanwhile, the Aggies just can't turn the corner. And you think your coaching situation is so terrible?

The guy can recruit, or someone on his staff can. He has also had 2 incredible defensive coordinators (Pelini and Chavis) that make him look really good when he really has nothing to do with that. It might come across as whining, but not if you actually watched our games. This past week is just the latest in a string of horrible game management under him. I've never felt so bad after both wins and losses, watching talented guys look so inept at times. The guy is borderline retarded in press conferences. The winning has happened in spite of him, not because of him. So much luck has fallen on us since he's been here, and while I'll take it, we're on our way to 3+ losses for the 3rd straight year which is a great way to get booted out of town. As for A&M, I can't say I've followed them much but they look really good this year. The biggest keys in college football are talent and depth, and while our coach is an idiot we've maintained those 2 things (except at QB, which is another story).

The guy can recruit, or someone on his staff can. He has also had 2 incredible defensive coordinators (Pelini and Chavis) that make him look really good when he really has nothing to do with that. It might come across as whining, but not if you actually watched our games. This past week is just the latest in a string of horrible game management under him. I've never felt so bad after both wins and losses, watching talented guys look so inept at times. The guy is borderline retarded in press conferences. The winning has happened in spite of him, not because of him. So much luck has fallen on us since he's been here, and while I'll take it, we're on our way to 3+ losses for the 3rd straight year which is a great way to get booted out of town. As for A&M, I can't say I've followed them much but they look really good this year. The biggest keys in college football are talent and depth, and while our coach is an idiot we've maintained those 2 things (except at QB, which is another story).

I guess the moral to my post is, be careful what you wish for. Even if LSU has had success "in spite" of the head coach, he's still fielding a consistently good team. Don't assume that if he's fired, that you'll automatically get an upgrade. See Dennis Franchione.

I guess the moral to my post is, be careful what you wish for. Even if LSU has had success "in spite" of the head coach, he's still fielding a consistently good team. Don't assume that if he's fired, that you'll automatically get an upgrade. See Dennis Franchione.

I missed the game... but after reading about the ending, I found it on youtube.. Holy Hell, He is the luckiest SOB.. I was laughing my butt off watching that unfold.

Archived