College Football Pick'em

Highway6

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to Phoenix last week and forgot to do it before I left. :( I was at a restaurant watching the Marshall game and realized I needed to do it. The waitress even let me borrow her laptop, but of course, since that game had already started it would not let me make my picks.

Is there a setting you can change to just skip games on Thursdays and Fridays?

Is there a setting you can change to just skip games on Thursdays and Fridays?

Afraid not. I can not change any settings at this point, but even if I could, there is no setting that would not include those games. Yahoo picks the slate of games, either by top 25 or games they deem interesting....

Like I said earlier, its just a fact of life that more and more games are being played on Thursdays each season.

Last week was a fluke with the Monday night game delaying the AP poll. AP poll will normally come out on Sunday, meaning the new slate of games will be available to you normally by Monday afternoon. Monday afternoon to Thursday afternoon. That is 72 hours.. As long as everyone is cognizant of that window, that should be plenty of time to get your picks in.

This week, no top 25 team is playing prior to Saturday.

The slate of games for this week is available. You have until Saturday till 10am.

Anyone who fails to get their week's picks in will be teased mercilessly by the rest of us..... unless you are whoknows, wreckemtech or ibuprofen, because we dont know who you are.

This week, no top 25 team is playing prior to Saturday.

The slate of games for this week is available. You have until Saturday till 10am.

Anyone who fails to get their week's picks in will be teased mercilessly by the rest of us..... unless you are whoknows, wreckemtech or ibuprofen, because we dont know who you are.

I'll end the mystery. Ibuprofen = Elecpharm.

The SEC looks VERY avg. this year, they may have 1 -2 natl. competitive teams (LSU and Alabama) this year and I'm the idiot that picked a Freshman QB(Georgia) over Arkansas today. I also thought Ohio state wouldn't score this much at half 30 pts?? I'm screwed today!! Anyone else??

College Football will be very erratic this year, looks like all of the really good/older players took their talents to the NFL !! I guess that's why it's college.

Why is Nebraska not favored very much in their game today?

I think because Washington might be slightly underrated. Their QB, Jake Locker, is in early Heisman discussions and in some places is considered one of the top picks in next year's draft. ...Plus, its being played up in Washington.

The SEC looks VERY avg. this year, they may have 1 -2 natl. competitive teams (LSU and Alabama) this year and I'm the idiot that picked a Freshman QB(Georgia) over Arkansas today. I also thought Ohio state wouldn't score this much at half 30 pts?? I'm screwed today!! Anyone else??

College Football will be very erratic this year, looks like all of the really good/older players took their talents to the NFL !! I guess that's why it's college.

I think that's mostly attributable to the loss of Tebow. I think they had lots of very good teams but only two natl competitive, Florida and Alabama, last yr.. and now Florida is off the radar. I think they still have lots of good teams, though I would consider Lsu in the 'very good' category and not on par with 'great' Alabama.

I don't think you're an idiot for picking Georgia. It's at Georgia and I think Arkansas is overrated. They're good, but #12 they are not.

I'm hoping Arkansas barely squeaks by with a win... don't want them overconfident, but want them undefeated when the Aggies face them.

I think because Washington might be slightly underrated. Their QB, Jake Locker, is in early Heisman discussions and in some places is considered one of the top picks in next year's draft. ...Plus, its being played up in Washington.

I know about Locker, but wasn't their team horrible last year? And Nebraska is ranked very high. I would have thought the spread might be a little bigger, at least. It must the the underrated factor, they must have improved from last year to this. Also, i was wondering if there was a major injury or suspension that I don't know about.

Yeah, i did not even know Georgia had a redshirt QB in. I think this was just more of a gut feeling pick since Georgia is at home and the "SEC is the best conference" thought is always there. Plus, it's only the second week of the season and college football is so unpredictable with so much turnover from year to year, and we can't keep up with it all.

One, LSU is not a national championship team, in my opinion. Alabama is over rated too...or maybe that's just the Texas fan coming out in me ;P

edit: Georgia QB has a great arm

Nebraska is also overrated, I think. They aren't a top 10 team.

Had they not won their bowl and played such a close game with Texas last yr, they wouldnt have been ranked so high in the preseason. They lost to VT, TT, Iowa ST, and Tex last yr... Their only wins over winning teams last yr were OU, Mizzou, and Arizona.. and those 3 all finished 8-5.. good, but not great opponents.

Nebraska is obviously the big dog in the Big Xii north this yr.. but that hardly justifies a #8 ranking.

One, LSU is not a national championship team, in my opinion. Alabama is over rated too...or maybe that's just the Texas fan coming out in me ;P

edit: Georgia QB has a great arm

Agreed on LSU.. not on Alabama. Defending champ...returning, though injured, Heisman winner... awesome coach. They are deserving king of the hill for the time being.

Georgia just scored.. 1 score game with 7 minutes left.. This one isnt over.

And brain fart on my previous post... I forgot Arkansas plays Alabama next week.. obviously a slim chance of them being undefeated coming into the Aggie game.

Agreed on LSU.. not on Alabama. Defending champ...returning, though injured, Heisman winner... awesome coach. They are deserving king of the hill for the time being.

Georgia just scored.. 1 score game with 7 minutes left.. This one isnt over.

And brain fart on my previous post... I forgot Arkansas plays Alabama next week.. obviously a slim chance of them being undefeated coming into the Aggie game.

I'll keep picking Alabama to win until they show me why they shouldn't, but I think a Colt McCoy Texas team last year had a very good chance at beating them. I guess I just don't think they're great. Good...a top 5 team easily...but number one or two? Not so sure. But then again, I don't know who they gained and lost. I do know that backup RB has been getting a ton of pub.

I'll keep picking Alabama to win until they show me why they shouldn't, but I think a Colt McCoy Texas team last year had a very good chance at beating them. I guess I just don't think they're great. Good...a top 5 team easily...but number one or two? Not so sure. But then again, I don't know who they gained and lost. I do know that backup RB has been getting a ton of pub.

I was thinking more by the end of the season, not necessarily today. We'll have to wait to see who that could be.

Last season is history.. But I'm not sure how you can say 08 and 09 SEC West Champion, who beat reigning champ Florida with former Heisman winner Tebow, followed by beating perennial top 10 Texas, was not deserving of being the number 1 team. Injuries happen, great teams overcome them.. Texas had their chance and lost.

As far as this season is concerned.. I hope you arent thinking Texas should be ranked higher than Alabama. Not sure how you can imply Colt was so important that you think they would have won the national championship had he not been injured, then expect them to be ranked higher than the team they lost too with Colt no longer on the team.

Oregon and OSU are the only two top 10 teams who looked good against quality teams so far this season. OU's quality win against FSU is negated by their subpar game vs UT st. ..... Oregon should be #3 behind OSU and Bama in my book.

Last season is history.. But I'm not sure how you can say 08 and 09 SEC West Champion, who beat reigning champ Florida with former Heisman winner Tebow, followed by beating perennial top 10 Texas, was not deserving of being the number 1 team. Injuries happen, great teams overcome them.. Texas had their chance and lost.

As far as this season is concerned.. I hope you arent thinking Texas should be ranked higher than Alabama. Not sure how you can imply Colt was so important that you think they would have won the national championship had he not been injured, then expect them to be ranked higher than the team they lost too with Colt no longer on the team.

Oregon and OSU are the only two top 10 teams who looked good against quality teams so far this season. OU's quality win against FSU is negated by their subpar game vs UT st. ..... Oregon should be #3 behind OSU and Bama in my book.

I suppose it's fair and the right thing to do to keep them #1 at the beginning of the year. All I'm saying they may or may not even be in a BCS bowl at the end of the year. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong, that's fine. But in no way do I think Texas should be ranked higher than them. Colt had a heisman type year his first year and Garrett Gilbert is nothing close to that yet.

And what do you think about Texas' running game? I'm not sure how much you watch them, but the blame is always put on the RB's. Where's the blame for the line? I think they had their little spread offense and the line has become soft, always on their heals, so that's why the run game is not any good.

I agree the SEC is down this year, and I'm an SEC homer. But I think you are crazy to say we (LSU) are a national championship contender. We are so bad, I expect 6 losses by the time it's over. The whole thing cycles, one conference can't stay on top every year. I don't see any SEC team with less than 2 losses, which means none of them will play for the title. It will likely be Ohio St vs Oregon or Nebraska. Forget Boise St, no one cares that they beat a horrible VT team any more.

Forget Boise St, no one cares that they beat a horrible VT team any more.

Something must have happened to VT, mentally. Something drastic.

One, they were ranked in the top ten at the time of that game. And regardless of their ranking, they played really well and looked like a good fb team against Boise. What's happened to them is sooo weird imo.

TimmyChan.. Get your picks in bro.. You have about 2 hours.

I don't know who the heck WreckemTech is... but he needs to get in his picks as well.

And not to be an ass, but I think I've mentioned 3 times for the people with non-obvious team names to reveal who they are in Haif.

Elecpharm did so.. Thank you sir.

Wreck'emTech and Whoknows have not.. This is supposed to be a game for the Haif community and if you can't claim your team, as far as I'm concerned, you don't belong in our game. To the regulars in this thread and other players, am I over-reacting? Should I let it slide or give them an ultimatum then kick em?

Archived