College Football Pick'em

Highway6

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/college

Group name: HAIF NCAA challenge 2010

Groups Id: 24502

Password: haifers

Thank you Lockmat for the reminder. Emails have gone out from yahoo to all of last year's participants.

For anyone else who wants to join in, the sign up link, group id, and password are above. You just need a yahoo account to join.

Sign up pronto. First college game is tonight, but luckily not in this week's slate of games. You have till saturday 9am to be signed up and get your first weeks picks in.

Please lemme know through this thread if you have trouble signing up.

That is all.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm signed up, thanks for creating the league. I'm glad you saw my message.

Thanks again for the reminder.

-----------------------------------------------------------

We have 5 people so far.. Note: It might be good to name either your set or your owner name to your Haif name so we know who to talk crap to !!

So remind me how to pick against the spread, please. Let me know if this is right.

Florida St. is favored by 36.5 points over Miami Ohio.

I should pick FS if I think they will beat them by at least that many points. If I think Miami Ohio will get beat by 36 points or less, or even win, then I should pick them.

Is that right?

Thanks

Florida St. is favored by 36.5 points over Miami Ohio.

I should pick FS if I think they will beat them by at least that many points. If I think Miami Ohio will get beat by 36 points or less, or even win, then I should pick them.

Is that right?

Bingo !! That is correct.

Nice.. We got 6 people already.

Highway6

Lockmat, (Reigning 09 Champion)

ProHouston

20thstDad

Brijonmang

and mystery player "Whoknows"

Lockmat... You are the only one so far who doesn't have their picks in. Let's not start out the season on the wrong foot.

------------------------------------------

Anybody else ?!?.. Still plenty of time to join up, join in, and get your NCAA on.

Nice.. We got 6 people already.

Highway6

Lockmat, (Reigning 09 Champion)

ProHouston

20thstDad

Brijonmang

and mystery player "Whoknows"

Lockmat... You are the only one so far who doesn't have their picks in. Let's not start out the season on the wrong foot.

------------------------------------------

Anybody else ?!?.. Still plenty of time to join up, join in, and get your NCAA on.

I won it last year? haha...I didn't even remember that, lol.

I'll probably pick them tomorrow morning. Didn't feel like doing it at work today and I was out tonight. I need to sit down have a little concentration ;P

I'm in as well....too much research to win, maybe i should harass some collegiate athletes to give me better pics. A lot of teams don't stand a chance to stay in the AP top 10 for more than 6-7 wks...Maybe 20-30%max!

We've got 11 peoples signed up, Nice.

Highway to Hell (Highway6)

The Lockmat Guerreritos (Lockmat)

ProHouston (ProHouston)

No was Bro-se (Brijonmang)

whoknows ( ?? )

20thStDad (20thStDad)

Aggie92 (Aggie92)

Timmy Chan Fighting Egg Rolls (Original TimmyChan)

sowanome (sowanome)

Wreck'Em Tech ( ?? )

ibuprofen ( ?? )

I don't recognize several of those as Haif names, so if you're one of those few, say Hello in this thread so the rest of us know who we are competing against.

Good luck everyone.. let the games and smack talk begin.

Nice opening weekend Lockmat... on pace to kick our butts again.

Thanks. All I really did is looked at their schedule/results from last year and eyeball how many points they average against a similarly ranked opponent.

I have a feeling Texas will not cover the spread for another game or two, until the odds makers figure out that our new QB is ok, but not great and that we're more of a running team now. They just won't be scoring 50 points/game like they used to. Colt really was good, even his 1st season. His stats were just as good as the heisman winners that year. Gilbert could be that in a year or two, but he's not right now.

Also, does anyone have any information these mysterious "odds makers?" Or are they only mysterious to me? Are they huge sports fans who went to MIT or what?

So are the selected games for the week automatically picked based on Top 25 or is it a manual pick each week?

I just read all of the posts, I guess 4th isn't too bad now that I know we are picking against the spread! Just missed that on the first go around.

So are the selected games for the week automatically picked based on Top 25 or is it a manual pick each week?

Yes.. The game selections options I had to choose from were :

Yahoo - Most Interesting

Top 25

And per conference

I originally had Top 25, most interesting, and Big Xii chosen.. but i figured with people having to make 40 picks a week, they might start zoning out.

You people sure cut it close. The real cutoff is 5 minutes before the first kickoff of the week.

It is 4:55.. you have exactly one hour.

Sowanome.. you only have half your picks locked in.

Lockmat, prohouston, brijonmang... you got nada.

Clock is ticking.

Here's your link.

For future reference, if you haven't noticed, college football isn't just played on saturdays anymore. I'd get used to the fact that there might be a friday or thursday game on the weekly slate.

Son of a delicate flower. I knew the new job schedule was going to have it's moments at first. Is there any way to be able to pick the rest of the games that haven't started yet? Missing a week will pretty much dash any hopes at being competitive.

I'm afraid not. But like last year, its almost guaranteed all of us will miss a week somewhere along the line, so I'd recommend stay in it.

Michigan - Nd ....... OU - FSU ..... Miami - OhSt My remote thumb is gonna be sore.

Edit: And Braveheart.... all at the same time.... Can a Sat afternoon get any better ?

And have y'all seen #13 VT is losing to no name James Madison with about 5 minutes left ?

Brijon.. i missed my first 4 games.. don't worry about falling too far behind.

Yep, I might as well have skipped this week the way my picks have turned out.

I'm 2 of 7 so far...but I do think Oklahoma will cover the 7-pt spread. :lol:

Yeah.. that one turned into a romp didn't it.. Watching Mich hold on now... I so love watching ND fail.

KAnsas looked good earlier.. Nice come back on their part.

Archived