John P. McGovern Museum Of Health & Medical Science At 1515 Hermann Dr.

Edit: The Health Museum located at 1515 Hermann Drive.

Me, the wife and the kids went to the Children's museum yesterday, and I noticed a big sign for a residential/office tower across the street (maybe 25 stories). It's right at Binz and the museum and I wondering if anyone new about it?

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I saw this when walking in my hood today:

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/9085/img0073yl.jpg

THe health science museum is set back pretty far from the sidewalk, basically surrounded on 3 sides by parking spaces. This sounds like they are going to expend to the sidewalk possibly. Does anybody know anything about this?

• Like 3

I saw this when walking in my hood today:

img0073yl.jpg

THe health science museum is set back pretty far from the sidewalk, basically surrounded on 3 sides by parking spaces. This sounds like they are going to expend to the sidewalk possibly. Does anybody know anything about this?

What's the location of this proposal? Is the site currently occupied?

• Like 1

Yes, the site is the current block where the museum is located as far as I can tell. There is a sign posted on the north side of the museum on Ewing between Crawford and another on Crawford between Ewing and Hermann.

Notice how far the building is set back from this Google Map screenshot.

museumm.jpg

The Children's museum expanded in a similar way not too long ago, taking up some of the setback space, although it's harder to imagine how that will work with this building.

Edited by Jax
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Some info I got about the project from an executive at the museum.

"Basically those variance signs are up in regards to a classroom expansion project we are doing…we will add about 1200 sq. ft. to the building and incorporate that space as additional classroom space for our ongoing educational programs and summer camps. The signs are part of the permitting process we have to go through with the city in order to move forward on the added construction. We are hoping to have the classrooms complete mid 2011."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1200 square feet isn't very much, is it? That's like the size of a 2 bedroom apartment or something, right? I wonder if that was an error...

My house is 1400 sq ft, and could hold 3 or 4 class rooms quite easily. 12000 sq ft is 110x110. I don't think that would fit on the site. 40x30 for the 1200 sq ft would fit easily.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Here are some photos from my morning walk to the light rail. Looks like it's finished, however the new addition really doesn't match the rest of the building. I wonder if it's going to stay like that or if the rest of the building is eventually going to match it.

img2154m.jpg

img2152nu.jpg

img2148na.jpg

img2146p.jpg

• Like 1

Here are some photos from my morning walk to the light rail. Looks like it's finished, however the new addition really doesn't match the rest of the building. I wonder if it's going to stay like that or if the rest of the building is eventually going to match it.

It might be symbolic of how no matter how hard they try, it is impossible that the entire Medical Center will ever look like 1995.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to The Health Museum
  • The title was changed to The Health Museum At 1515 Hermann Dr.
  • The topic was unlocked
  • 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to John P. McGovern Museum Of Health & Medical Science At 1515 Hermann Dr.