Memorial City North At I-10 & Gessner Rd.

halenstone

SpringBranch - 

This building will go on the Southeast Corner of the lot, right at the intersection of I-10 feeder and Gessner.  If you look on Page 2 of this thread at Urbanizer's post, you can see lot "B" in the Variance.  That is this building.

This is further confirmed by the construction fence they erected and are currently finishing around this part of the property...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Among the goofy decisions in the Katy Freeway design was putting a below grade intersection directly across Rummel Creek's channel (at West Belt).  It originally didn't have any detention ponds around it at all, just a routinely overwhelmed pumping station.

It wasn't a "goofy decision", it was a decision forced by the railroad that paralleled I-10 (that caused a myriad of other problems). The original design for the five stack was that the "-1" level was the frontage roads so they wouldn't interfere with the railroad, then the Katy Freeway and the Katy railroad on the first level, then the Beltway on the second, then the ramps on the 3rd and 4th level to make the full five-stack.

With the railroad gone, making the frontage roads avoid the rail wasn't an issue anymore and the frontage roads were built on ground level. Interestingly, the Beltway (main lanes) bridge had been built so that it didn't need to be rebuilt at all. If you drive southbound on Beltway 8, take a look to your right as the ramps begin to split off, you'll notice a small bit of the ramp that was actually kept in the redesign.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another play was filed yesterday for this. Can't pull the image up but if anyone has an account (it's free) on the County Clerk's website it's under "Maps & Condo's"

As I stated last year, MetroNational has big plans for this site. A twin tower of the Memorial Hermann Tower was in the works but that may have been cancelled with the oil slide (contrary to popular belief, the tower is mainly office, not medical).

• Like 1

As I stated last year, MetroNational has big plans for this site. A twin tower of the Memorial Hermann Tower was in the works but that may have been cancelled with the oil slide (contrary to popular belief, the tower is mainly office, not medical).

I refuse to believe that crown is not one large stadium seating operating room where people are secretly turned into bionic super beings a-la- the million dollar man.

[/7 year old imagination] 

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

So the plans for the renovation of the Conrad Sauer Detention Basin are now on Mylars, meaning they'll get signed and sealed by the city/county, then should be put out to Bid soon.

However, I'm not sure if it's for the full renovation, or only the underground utilities. Either way, it's moving forward.

P.S; there was a plat filed for the Northwest corner of I-10/Conrad Sauer called Hessed Development, though I'm not sure if it's part of this whole development.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, august948 said:

I suspect the reason those buildings are lit up is that they are owned by the same company.  Even the construction cranes have the same lighting.

They're owned by Metro National and I'm sure the Memorial Management District has something to do with it too. They're responsible for the lit towers along i-10.

• Like 3

On 11/2/2016 at 4:53 PM, SkylineView said:

I feel like the more buildings that buy into the Memorial City style with the blue lights, the better it looks.  Driving through there at night is awesome.  Very Houston.  I'm supportive.

We should just call it "Houston Blue" and add it as a requirement in the building codes. You're right, it looks good at night and the city planners ought to keep the night lighting in mind.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have looked around and can't find any updates on the construction that's currently happening to extend Mathewson Ln.  I wonder what the timeline is for the new park over Conrad sauer and the project on Gessner Rd from I-10 to Westview also.  Anyone have any start dates for those 2 projects?

• Like 3