• 2 months later...
  • Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heard from a very reliable source this weekend that The Rustic Post Oak (Uptown Park) should have their grand opening July 4th Weekend! All weekend there was tons of activity from super early in the m

Well i will say that man i LOVE The Rustic...have been a few times now and just seeing live music again has made my whole day week month year with all this mess going on.  They are super clean an

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Fortune said:

Renovations to retail, no vertical development, “we don’t want to ruin Uptown Park because people connect with it.”

I suppose thread title needs to be changed.

Blech.

Edited by mattyt36
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

I used to live across the street, and there are some good places on the property that I would use: Starbucks, Crave, Embajadores (cigars), Song Kran (good Thai), Etoile (work meetings & food) etc... The western building (where Anejo used to be) never really met any needs in my life, and I still can't figure out what anchors the north end.  It's been creamed by the road work on Post Oak, which makes going north-bound after work a frustrating experience, and the River Oaks District, which is the new hot spot has filled the void that used to feed this place.  Also, the lack of a sidewalk on the west side of Post Oak lane, and the lack of ANY SIDEWALK AT ALL on the north side of Post Oak (since ~ 6 months ago) made walking to Uptown a terrifying endeavor.

The project feels like a minor upgrade until the next super-cycle.  This would be a great location for tons of apartments / condos, but retail access is very challenging due to the traffic.

• Like 3

Did the article mention anything about financing? Likely have to wait until another big upswing when the land use will be better served for the investment in “upgrades”. I’d imagine it’s hard to compete with River Oaks Place & BLVD Place. They have a good lunch and dinner crowd now. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wonder if West Elm is truly planning to move to this location as shown in the illustration above and possibly soon since they highland village location closed!? If that is the case, I hope that the rest of this development continues to get more places i will actually shop and eat! crossing fingers..........! 

6 minutes ago, gene said:

I wonder if West Elm is truly planning to move to this location as shown in the illustration above and possibly soon since they highland village location closed!? If that is the case, I hope that the rest of this development continues to get more places i will actually shop and eat! crossing fingers..........! 

Yeah i'm upset about the WE closing in HV. However, if this means that this project is underway then i'll take it. I havent been to uptown park in over a decade. 

• Like 1

Love that store too and one of my friends had just gotten a great job there so they transferred him...so yeah here's hoping they move to Uptown Park which for the most part is a ghost town...! Would love to see this area be revived with great businesses people actually want to go to! 

• 2 months later...

Since I ride my bike through here daily I have been watching the progress...the re-facing/painting (white) of the entire development is almost complete...I am thinking by the end of next month they will be done completely with all exterior renovations and enhancements...now if we could only get some more great tenants...Post Oak Blvd is coming along and really will be amazing in my opinion so I am hoping that draws more and more quality businesses our way!

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am loving the updates to this development and was totally impressed with how fun and cool Flower Child looks in person...can't wait to check it out...and this comes from someone that 90 percent of the time eats tex-mex haha! 

Cannot wait to see what all moves in to make this a place I want to visit more seeing that i own and condo and work within blocks of it all!

After closing the West Elm in Highland Village, I'm really hoping they open a West Elm in Uptown Park. I can see it happening given that a sister store, Rejuvenation, is opening there. 

One store that would do great here, or in Highland Village, would be a Nike store (not a factory or outlet). I'm baffled that Houston doesn't have one. River Oaks District could use it to draw in more foot traffic, but IDK if a Nike store goes with the rest of the development. 

9 hours ago, gene said:

I am loving the updates to this development and was totally impressed with how fun and cool Flower Child looks in person...can't wait to check it out...and this comes from someone that 90 percent of the time eats tex-mex haha! 

Cannot wait to see what all moves in to make this a place I want to visit more seeing that i own and condo and work within blocks of it all!

What's your favorite Tex-Mex in the Uptown/Bellaire/Meyerland area?

14 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

What's your favorite Tex-Mex in the Uptown/Bellaire/Meyerland area?

for casual after a bike ride with friends we go to Escalantes Meyerland Plaza since some of my friends live in that area...but for dinner with friends we go to the Escalantes in Highland Village ALOT... but really I am all over the board and go to everything from hole in the wall authentic to Pappasitos and Lupe's...I am not toooo picky when it comes to Tex Mex. I even frequent El Real and Chuys depending on who I am with. I have never cooked a day in my life so I go out to eat often. 

That's cool gene! I also go to Escalantes in Meyerland Plaza.  My go-to Mexican. Chuy's is close to work so I go there often as well.  Years ago, my mom and I used to try a new Mexican restaurant once a week.  The joy!

Teotihuacan is good. Try if if you haven't!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone seen any more news of new businesses being relocated to Uptown Park? I am guessing that Mendocino Farms is going to occupy the former Champps space as that has a gate around the perimeter and remodeling has begun...

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, nate4l1f3 said:

Did we already know about the rustic going in where the old champs used to be ?

Nope. Great addition. 

Also news that Revolution studios will be moving in next door to the Rustic, and that they’ll be giving Belvedere the boot. 

Edited by LBC2HTX
  • Like 3

WOW! The Rustic!?!? I wonder if there is anyway to fit in their famous indoor/outdoor space? I am trying to remember if adjacent to the right or behind it has any space? 

If it is going to be the same format as Dallas and Downtown Houston then this is huge news...would love to walk to The Rustic for music (and food etc)!

• Like 1

I guess we now know what will be replacing the space formerly occupied by Arturo's and Anejo's.

Still think Ninfa's would have been a better fit despite what the landlord's thought. 

I am excited about Ninfa's opening at Uptown Blvd of course...

Riding my bike by yesterday i realized that the true ideal location for Ninfas would have been the old Willie G's location on Post Oak Blvd...I wonder what is going to happen there?

The old Anejo location is pretty much directly across the street from McCormick & Schmick's which is Steak and Seafood...just like J. Alexander.... do we really need 2 steak and seafood places in Uptown Park? (Plus of course there is Mastro's just a block or so away)...

Hopefully J. Alexander creates a new concept for this location...(it does state in the article earlier that it could be a new restaurant from the group).

Guess we shall wait and see...

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought this article was really interesting...i have included the part about Uptown Park:

At Uptown Park, a 160-acre retail center in the northern portion of the district, developer Edens is focused on enhancing the placemaking, Edens Managing Director Tom Kiler said.  "The buildings didn't speak to each other," he said. "Uptown is interesting because it has a history. People know it. We feel like we must evolve and bring new life to it."    Uptown Park features new places where customers can sit, relax and people-watch or use public WiFi, Kiler said. The public spaces will also be infused with local art to bring another level of authenticity to the property.   The lineup of new tenants will not only complement the current tenants, but also provide additional reasons to visit, Kiler said. Potential new concepts include restaurants, health and beauty retailers, home goods, a movie theater, a sports bar or a local partnership related to performing arts. Uptown Park is currently 91% leased, according to Edens.  Edens will soon announce a boutique fitness concept that will bring another level of activity to the property that previously didn’t exist, Kiler said. “The morning is a time where we have been historically quiet,” he said. “[The gym] will bring some energy in the morning, mid-morning and, with all the office buildings, an after-work crowd.” 

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/retail/known-as-a-retail-stronghold-uptown-houston-point-to-connectivity-as-the-key-next-step-98184?utm_source=CopyShare&utm_medium=Browser

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

I see the words/business The Rustic have been replaced with the words Lease Pending... (250)

It seems they have gutted out the whole space and it has been at a stand still for the past month. I am hoping this comes to fruition...I am excited about having this so close by!

and Merus Grill has completely gutted their space and even the entire facade is gone...so they are getting to work on this pretty quick!

42 minutes ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

The Rustic is still in play for Uptown Park Houston. It was removed from the site plan when I posted the updated site plan a month or so ago. But it was still shown on the site plan in the brochure. I think Eden Properties removed it because they didn't want it leaked to the public yet.

That is incredible news!!!

And I looked at the J Alexander website. I have to say I don't particularly like the name Merus Grill. Not sure why, I just don't...haha! (it actually sounds like it would be a mediterranean place for some reason) Hopefully they re-think the name...as i actually don't mind the other business names they have!

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

SUPER interesting about Ethan Allen's move CPG! 

What do you think will become of their existing building? I always thought that corner of Post Oak and Westheimer was prime and underused space! Wow! Big news! 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, LBC2HTX said:

HBJ reporting that permits for the Rustic have been filed and the project is underway

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/05/20/country-stars-music-venue-and-eatery-plans-second.html

😮🤩😍 best update today!!!!

3 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Good someone is reporting this. I wonder why are the news reporting on this now? 

There was no press release for this, but permits were filed for this last year and several months ago. And The Rustic was on the site map in February and March. This is why I rely on HAIF to keep me up to date.

haha! I gotta say...i am so excited about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the updates!

• 3 weeks later...

It is showing 310 (Belvedere) available still...I wonder how long it will take for them to even announce they are closing...

and lastly, that entire building B is almost all available...(except Mendocino Farms)...I am not too surprised that Miss Academy must be moving out as that was just an unusual and seemingly always vacant business...but am surprised that Ethan Allen didn't try to make that almost whole stand alone building theirs.

Can we have at least one of these spaces be a part of the world domination that is Voodoo Donuts?! 🍩🤩

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, houstontexasjack said:

Curiously, Ziegler Cooper has updated their website to reflect the site of “Building B” above as “Gables Uptown Park.” Previously, they had that structure under a generic “Confidential Mixed Use” label:

http://zieglercooper.com/gables-uptown-park/

This was cancelled back in March 2015, when the new owners acquired AmREIT.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2015/03/new-owner-hits-pause-on-uptown-parks-1b.html

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

This was cancelled back in March 2015, when the new owners acquired AmREIT.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2015/03/new-owner-hits-pause-on-uptown-parks-1b.html

I recall seeing that. However, at that time, the design for this tower was labeled as “Confidential Mixed Use” on the Ziegler Cooper website. It now has the label “Gables Uptown Park,” suggesting the possibility that this particular tower may have been revived—4 year’s have passed since Edens acquired the site after all. Time enough for some re-evaluation of market conditions. 😊

Last night i rode my bike through Uptown Park and work has begun at Mendocino Farms! The location is now totally fenced in and workers were inside doing some work on the empty space...and they have stripped off the exterior to redo that as well!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Drove through Uptown this morning...lots of movement at Mendocino Farms inside and out...

also Revolution Studio looks to be on track to open in the next month or so.

I still see no movement outside or inside The Rustic location and it is so weird just to see all the piled up steel that has been there for months out front within the fencing surrounding it. You would think they would at least clean up that area a bit.

I also saw lots of workers outside what will I am guessing will be the new entrance to Ethan Allen that is adjacent to Belvedere...guess they will be working hard to get that space ready for the big move (and still wondering what will become of that huge building Ethan is currently in? will they fill it with a new tenant or replace that building with something newer and better?)

and finally, seeing lots of activity at what will be the J. Alexander concept across from Starbucks/Crave etc (next to M. Penner).

LOTS of work trucks in the lots and up and down the street for all these projects so that is kind of exciting!

:)

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://m.chron.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/The-Rustic-to-open-second-Houston-location-in-14176240.php

The live music venue (The Rustic) with its heaping menu of Texas beer, whiskey and Gulf/Tex-Mex fare is set to break ground on Aug. 1 for 27,000-square-foot outpost at 1121 uptown Park Blvd. It is expected to open in February 2020.

AND just saw this article as well:

https://houston.eater.com/2019/7/26/8931698/the-rustic-opening-uptown-park-houston-february-2020

and wow...cool!:

The Rustic's new Houston location will be 27,000 square feet and will serve as the flagship for the concept, which was created by a Dallas company and Texas-born country artist Pat Green.

Edited by gene
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

FYI, there has been no work started at the space where The Rustic will be so no "ground breaking" on August 1st as reported in many articles online...so not sure what is going on there. The gates to the fence remain closed and locked and all the trash and metal scraps are still piled up within the fenced area. Hoping to see some movement asap.

Revolution Studio next door to the future The Rustic though had an event last weekend to help promote their grand opening which is this Saturday August 10th. 

The Ethan Allen space seems to be getting ready and on track for a fall opening. Haven't seen too much work going on but they used to have a fence at the future front door which is now removed and the inside looks to be lots of white walls etc...

Mendocino Farms has already clad it's exterior in wooden shingles and seems to always have nonstop activity inside so I am thinking it will be early spring for them when they say "coming spring 2020".

Finally the future J Alexander's Uptown Park is super busy building out an extra large steel beam patio and covering (and new entrance it seems) but not much work within the walls just yet so thinking spring or summer 2020 there.

I am just glad that something is being done to this development to make it nicer, better and more desirable to go to...it's looking good!

Edited by gene
  • Like 3