Uptown Park: Uptown Shopping Center At 1121 Uptown Park Blvd.

It is definitely a very early design. It literally wants to be three different buildings! Plus with the greater expectations for buildings in this area a plane vanilla parking block below residential (in the way it looks now) isn't going to cut it. It's hard to really pick on it now when so much isn't even resolved yet.

W-Austin_Black-Logo-smll-272x300.jpg

texasauthenticriddell.jpg

i have had the utmost pleasure of lodging at the w austin, to cheer on my longhorns!

and yes, i have always had loads of elegant, classy, and modern w fun.  

now, would i describe it as a box.. no way!  but hey, to each his own.  HOOK'EM!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

my gosh!  i do indeed pray that this particular hotel is not deeply hidden within that vicinity.  this hotel, shall need to standout... big time!  why on earth shall we construct a w hotel, and not gain as per the overall excitement that this particular brand usually delivers from the standpoint of overall aesthetics.  this is why i was hoping that this brand would be developed downtown houston vs the galleria vs the river oaks district vicinity.

my gosh!  i do indeed pray that this particular hotel is not deeply hidden within that vicinity.  this hotel, shall need to standout... big time!  why on earth shall we construct a w hotel, and not gain as per the overall excitement that this particular brand usually delivers from the standpoint of overall aesthetics.  this is why i was hoping that this brand would be developed downtown houston vs the galleria vs the river oaks district vicinity.

It will be near 610. I am sure we will be able to see it.

FYI, this keeps the downtown market open for a RITZ. WestCreek / ROD should get a nice hotel as well.

• Like 2

I don't like the location.  Being next to a freeway is not all that glamorous, not to mention being in the middle of a big parking lot with no real nightlife nearby.  I know there is a champs and some other bars/restaurants nearby, but pretty much you are going to be getting in a cab to go anywhere fun.  I guess they know their bar will have the market cornered this way.  

• Like 1

The one in Dallas is next to a freeway so it's o.k.

Isn't this going into a $1.2 billion development? I bet there will be something else to do in the area that won't require a cab. Isn't the BRT and maybe the LRT going to be right in front of this location, eventually?

Edited by SMF