• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heard from a very reliable source this weekend that The Rustic Post Oak (Uptown Park) should have their grand opening July 4th Weekend! All weekend there was tons of activity from super early in the m

Regarding the old Cafe Express location that is being turned into a Hugo Ortega casual fare restaurant, while all the windows are still boarded up, i have a feeling the boards will soon come down to s

Posted Images

I count 10?  The first two seem to be oversized/height.  And the dark windows in what would* otherwise be considered the third floor read as parking or mechanical.  That's also how I see the middle section.  I think there is retail or amenities on the edge with parking wedged into the middle and above on the third.

Well yeah 2 floors of retail on the corners a level of parking and 8 floors of residential, so 11 stories on the outer sides, but the middle part with the 3 garage floors squeezed in above one level of retail is 12 stories.

Edited by cloud713

You have to see it in person, it is very elegant.

Having seen it in person, I agree.  It makes the crown on top of Frost look a bit overwrought.

It is definitely a very early design. It literally wants to be three different buildings! Plus with the greater expectations for buildings in this area a plane vanilla parking block below residential (in the way it looks now) isn't going to cut it. It's hard to really pick on it now when so much isn't even resolved yet.

W-Austin_Black-Logo-smll-272x300.jpg

texasauthenticriddell.jpg

i have had the utmost pleasure of lodging at the w austin, to cheer on my longhorns!

and yes, i have always had loads of elegant, classy, and modern w fun.  

now, would i describe it as a box.. no way!  but hey, to each his own.  HOOK'EM!

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I noticed a new tenant recently moved into the NW Corner plot of Uptown Park, suggesting that it may be awhile before the Palazzi starts construction. The little markers were by the front of the Uptown Park complex near Post Oak. I have attached a photo of the new tenant at the NW Corner site.

post-13094-0-20625900-1413234454_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

my gosh!  i do indeed pray that this particular hotel is not deeply hidden within that vicinity.  this hotel, shall need to standout... big time!  why on earth shall we construct a w hotel, and not gain as per the overall excitement that this particular brand usually delivers from the standpoint of overall aesthetics.  this is why i was hoping that this brand would be developed downtown houston vs the galleria vs the river oaks district vicinity.

my gosh!  i do indeed pray that this particular hotel is not deeply hidden within that vicinity.  this hotel, shall need to standout... big time!  why on earth shall we construct a w hotel, and not gain as per the overall excitement that this particular brand usually delivers from the standpoint of overall aesthetics.  this is why i was hoping that this brand would be developed downtown houston vs the galleria vs the river oaks district vicinity.

It will be near 610. I am sure we will be able to see it.

FYI, this keeps the downtown market open for a RITZ. WestCreek / ROD should get a nice hotel as well.

• Like 2