Uptown Park: Uptown Shopping Center At 1121 Uptown Park Blvd.

I'd like to put this quote in, from the updated version of the story:

"Uptown Park is on "a great piece of real estate," Frankel said, but the center's design currently "does not encourage a lot of cross-shopping, long shopping visits or walking.

"But AmReit has the smarts and capital to rectify those deficiencies and solidify its tenant mix," he said."

http://www.vonadonentertainment.com/

Vision Nightclub is back, bringing you the hottest parties in H-Town, with a host of celebrities. Keep logging on and checking upcoming events for more information on future events.

diddyB.gif

pdiddyallwhite.gif

When do yall think he will bring one of his restaurants to Houston?

Also I heard Jay-Z may open a club in Houston.

http://www.vonadonentertainment.com/

Vision Nightclub is back, bringing you the hottest parties in H-Town, with a host of celebrities. Keep logging on and checking upcoming events for more information on future events.

diddyB.gif

pdiddyallwhite.gif

When do yall think he will bring one of his restaurants to Houston?

Also I heard Jay-Z may open a club in Houston.

Well I guess this is good news for downtown in a sense. Even though most celebs are airheads. Rap is not my style so I'll prolly steer clear of this one.

Thanks for the info though. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
click here to see more of whats happening this weekend in Houston's black community. http://www.indmix.com/urban.html

how ironic that if someone posted: "..click here to see more of whats happening this weekend in Houston's white community.." how quickly they would be called racist.

I also find it ironic that Houston's "Black Community" is having an "All White Affair".

Some society of equality..

Keep that gun playing BOY out of H-town.

We don't need his type.

So, like, I've NEVER heard of a gun-owner in Houston <_<

dude, It's a sweet event! It's nice to finally see Houston start to get on the map as a posh place for these posh events.

I wanna see MANY more of these types of parties in H-Town (you know, hosted by a big name celeb, get put up on Access Hollywood, put us on the A-list with Vegas, L.A. New York, and Miami eventually) These types of big-name parties on a regular basis are what could change the negative reputation of Houston to the rest of the country into a positive one, ESPECIALLY since it's away from the Super Bowl time period.

I'm hoping to see MANY more of these from the hip-hop community, as well as those in rock, country, pop, international business dudes (like that Donald Trump dude) and many others. Respect to P. Diddy for at least helping our city out with it's trying-to-break-out nightlife and knowing a great potential city when he sees one!

Did you feel the same way about the NRA convention at GRB?

The difference is that the NRA doesn't make rap records and music videos targeted towards teenagers promoting violence against women and others; ganglife; shooting, stabbing & beating people; or making, using, or selling drugs.

The NRA also doesn't glamourize prison-life, crime, life on the "streets", fatherless homes (aka single mother homes); or encourge stereotypical reverse-racism.

The NRA, finally, doesn't target its peer group into thinking that basketball, rapping, or selling drugs is the only way to succeed in life.

So no, even though I'm not a member, or even supporter of the NRA, I didn't mind when they came to town.

I love this: (from above linked Houston Chronicle)

"..Among the invited were Ashton Kutcher, Lindsay Lohan, Tom Cruise, Beyonce Knowles, Will Smith and Justin Timberlake. None of them RSVP'd."

Of course they didn't RSVP, mush less show up. He should have invited Jesus, Elvis, and Santa Claus while he was making his guest list.

The difference is that the NRA doesn't make rap records and music videos targeted towards teenagers promoting violence against women and others; ganglife; shooting, stabbing & beating people; or making, using, or selling drugs.

The NRA also doesn't glamourize prison-life, crime, life on the "streets", fatherless homes (aka single mother homes); or encourge stereotypical reverse-racism.

The NRA, finally, doesn't target its peer group into thinking that basketball, rapping, or selling drugs is the only way to succeed in life.

So no, even though I'm not a member, or even supporter of the NRA, I didn't mind when they came to town.

No, the difference between the NRA and P.Diddy is that the NRA glamorizes guns, while P.Diddy was found NOT GUILTY for the shooting incident in 2000.

It's not very cool to stereotype hip-hop like that. You can say the same thing about music targeting teenagers negatively in EVERY genre of music. A lot of people in the hip-hop industry (just like P.Diddy) actually grew up in these tough neighborhoods and fatherless homes you seem to hate. And of course, the basketball players and rappers actually DID get successful off of Basketball and Rapping!

If life were perfect, and none of these guys went to prison or lived out these harsh lifes of violence or whatever they did, they'd have nothing to rap about. Did U really expect them to WANT to stay in those 'hoods when they had a chance to make money off their past troubles and move out?

And I wouldn't limit drug use to only hip-hop, yo.

I hope more parties like this from all genres of music happen in H-Town :)

Okay, okay.. I'm not looking for a fight. I'm going to counter your post, but only per the points:

1. Sean Combs being found NOT GUILTY holds as much validity as OJ Simpson, Michael Jackson, and Robert Blake being found NOT GUILTY.

2. The NRA does glamourize guns. But it doesn't not glamourize violence. Remember, guns don't kill people, people kill people. People just use guns to kill people more effectively. Furthermore, the sole purpose of the NRA is to serve as a special interest group to protect the 2nd Amendment.

3. I'm not stereotyping RAP music when every single song on the radio & BET/MTV carries various violent undertones. The only rapper I know that is clean is Will Smith. Can you really compare the message in his lyrics to any rapper from Houston, Jay-Z, Nelly, JaRule, 50cent, Eminem, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Ice-T, Coolio, Busta Rhymes, Bone, Cypress Hill or any of a dozen more platinum selling rap artists/groups?

4. I don't hate fatherless homes & tough neighborhoods as you acused me of. I have no problem with someone rapping about how life might have been growing up. What I don't care for is when they glamourize it, and give the illusion that selling drugs and gangbanging is an acceptable way of getting by because they live in the ghetto.

5. I don't agree with the notion that black kids in the ghettos think that their only way to make money is to sell drugs, and their only way out of the ghetto is playing basketball or rapping. I grew up in the country on a farm, and was very poor. I didn't rely on rap music to guide me, leaving me to think that selling drugs, playing basketball, or rapping was the only way to make money. Young black kids look up to these rappers as role models. Rappers know this, and take advantage of it by only rapping about the bad, and not the good.

6. You're right that if life were perfect there would be no prisons. But to say that the only thing to rap about is the bad stuff is not true either. Today's music videos and rap songs all talk about the finest things in life like Burberry and 22 inch rims on their Bentleys. What about a positive message that talks about being a responsible father, investing into buying a house, or going to college so that you are the boss and not the employee? Are those things not cool enough for black kids to hear about in the ghettos?

7. I never implied that drug use is stemmed and contained only to the hip-hop crowd. The fact is that almost every rapper at one point raps about cocaine, heroin, marijuana, LCD, MDMA, uppers, downers, prescription pills, cough syrup, crystal methanthetamines, and hard liquor. Not every country singer or rock band can say the same. The fact is that most rock and county songs sing about relationships, either with parents or about a significant other.

8. I too would like more parties that serve all genres of music to happen in H-Town. Sean Combs throwing an "All White Affair" party heavily advertised on only rap stations and around predominantly black communities is not a party that caters to all genres & crowds however.

Ps ..I've got no beef with you Ali G. ;)

Really? You were there that night? Or, did you just attend the trial?

As both, a former prosecutor, and a current defense attorney, it has always annoyed me that so many people "know" what happened, based soley on a newspaper headline, coupled with a stereotype of the one accused of a crime. Oftentimes, this "knowledge of guilt is formed before the trial has even started.

Remember the "Did Kobe do it?" polls that were constantly posted on the internet? And there was never even a trial.

This is not to support crime or defendants, but to remind people that the only ones qualified to make the call on someone's guilt or innocence are the juries.

Alot of other genres musicians don't come from, hang out, or dwell in the places hip hop artists do. Honestly, alot of these guys will and do get robbed in their own neighborhoods. I don't condone their actions, but I certainly understand what's going on.

I personally think that problem with some of these guys is that even though their wealth has changed, their surroundings and associates have not.

What about those who find the notion of P. Diddy and his parties boring?

Based on attendance and general buzz -- I'd say that's about 99.9% of people on earth -- including rappers, basketball players and drug users. Of course, the fact that many of these groups overlap may skew the data a bit.

I can't think of anything less relevant to Houston's revival than a B-list "celebrity" throwing a C-list party.