Only on a PS2, and they called it Vice City for some reason. If you steal a crotch rocket motorcycle, try heading up the entire length of the left island main highway on full throttle without hitting anything. If you keep the speed up there's a big staircase as you go straight when the shoreline veers right, if you ramp it perfectly that's where you can set your max height and distance record. That's all I got.

nobody has been to Miami?

I was there in October 2005 right before Hurricane Wilma blew in. We were on our way to Key West and since the road to the Keys was closed, we did a little sight seeing in Miami before heading back up state.

Of course, the main thing I remember is all the art deco hotels. So unique now, but when built, they were probably run of the mill.

What struck me was the sheer number of high rise condos. I mean, they were everywhere. In every stage of consruction. Remember, that was 5 years ago.

We only stayed there one day, a Sunday. Had to get back north as Wilma was supposed to tear up that area. We made it to West Palm Beach and rode it out in a little motel. Stayed there 2 days and the road into the Keys was finally opened on Wednesday. Our time share was not going to open at all but we did find another place to stay and ended up having a great time. Key West = very touristy but still good for people watching. Last evening there we found a tiki bar and had a drink while watching the sun set.

All this rambling is not much help to you I'm sure. But, bottom line is, get a map and drive around. You'll surely find something that you'll be glad you got to see. Be sure to drive down to the beach. Very unlike Galveston. The beach and the people.

1111LincolnRoad.jpg

Are you planning on driving?

Yes, we have a car. What is that building you posted?

So far I would say the best thing I have seen besides the beach is driving back onto the main land and seeing downtown lit up. It looks better at night than in daylight in my opinion.

1111 Lincoln Rd, it's primarily a parking garage/mixed use building for an upscale commercial area similar to Highland Village in Houston.

Cool, thanks. I noticed after I sent the message it was the same thing that's in the video from youtube, sorry about that. I'll make an attempt to check it out.

Archived