San Marcos Loop Highway?

IronTiger

Recently I had the opportunity to go out to the San Marcos area. I was surprised to find on Highway 80 (between FM 1977 and Fentress, TX), they are building a four lane highway on either side. What is it? Does anyone know?

I have no idea, but my guess would be to take the traffic off old and tiny 80 and route it via a loop to south San Marcos (the outlet malls and New Braunfels) and north (to Kyle/Buda and south Austin) The fastest route to San Marcos from Houston is 1-10 to Luling and 80 from Luling to San Marcos. Most of 80 north of Luling, or at least Martindale, was just a 2 lane road. Gosh, even when I was in school at SWT 25 years ago the traffic jams at 80 and 1-35 were a huge pain in the ass.

Recently I had the opportunity to go out to the San Marcos area. I was surprised to find on Highway 80 (between FM 1977 and Fentress, TX), they are building a four lane highway on either side. What is it? Does anyone know?

Yep, when I came back from San Antonio a couple weeks ago, I spotted that they were constructing ramps just beyond Seguin. I figured that this was SH 130, but didn't realize that they'd made so much progress.

• 4 years later...

Archived