Parking Garage In Midtown

lockmat

bidclerk.com has a listing for one that has a bid date in August and start date in September. That seems like a garage for a high-rise or something.

The map function places it squarely on top of the police memorial along Memorial Dr. I'm guessing that that's not actually a site that is or has been in play for any kind of intensive development.

The map function places it squarely on top of the police memorial along Memorial Dr. I'm guessing that that's not actually a site that is or has been in play for any kind of intensive development.

If I'm correct, I don't think the map function is accurate unless you have a paid subscription, which maybe you have. For free, it may just point it in the middle of the zip code?

If I'm correct, I don't think the map function is accurate unless you have a paid subscription, which maybe you have. For free, it may just point it in the middle of the zip code?

Buffalo Bayou is the dividing line between two zip codes. I don't think that that's it. But yeah, I have a hard time believing that that is the location.

bidclerk.com has a listing for one that has a bid date in August and start date in September. That seems like a garage for a high-rise or something.

I guess it's good to see some sort of development happening, but still, an 8-story parking garage is kind of depressing.

No, that's not it. The one for that one (Carrabbas) in bidclerk.com says this (to begin construction in October)...

Site work, demolition and new construction of a restaurant development in Houston. Working plans call for the demolition of the current 7,4000-square-foot restaurant and new construction of a 275-car parking garage. Plans also include new construct...

The one I'm talking about says this...

Site work and new construction of a parking garage. Completed working drawings call for the construction of an eight-story, 117,152-square-foot parking garage. ...

I'd be pretty shocked if Carrabbas and those other two restaurants needed an 8-story parking garage.

Could it be for whole foods? I doubt it...cuz I'm sure they're garage will be part of the apartments.

This could be for that new restaurant development in midtown at the corner of Pierce and Bagby. If I recall correctly they also own the land across "christian's tailgate" and that's supposed to be used for the public parking garage.

This could be for that new restaurant development in midtown at the corner of Pierce and Bagby. If I recall correctly they also own the land across "christian's tailgate" and that's supposed to be used for the public parking garage.

Is there more to this development than one restuarant? 8 stories is a lot for just for one place.

There will be an 8 story parking garage with the ground floor being retail shell space. Across the street there is an existing 2 story building (with an additional level below grade) that will get a one story vertical expansion along with interior remodel of the entire building. GT Leach is the general contractor.

There will be an 8 story parking garage with the ground floor being retail shell space. Across the street there is an existing 2 story building (with an additional level below grade) that will get a one story vertical expansion along with interior remodel of the entire building. GT Leach is the general contractor.

This is for Carabbas? Do you know of any other contractors involved? Thanks for the info.

Isnt Carraba's just an glorified Olive garden?

Carraba's is a heck of a lot better than any Olive Garden I've ever been to. The atmosphere is better, the sourdough bread and herbs are better than the OG garlic bread. Over all the quality of food, presentation and taste are better at Carraba's.

Hands down Carraba's is better.

Is there more to this development than one restuarant? 8 stories is a lot for just for one place.

I think the one in midtown is supposed to be a public (for pay) parking garage, separate from the new restaurant, but by the same group.

• The title was changed to 8-Story Parking Garage In Midtown
  • The title was changed to Parking Garage In Midtown

Archived