Welcome To The "real World" Austin House On Mtv

BayouCityGirl

It really disappoints me to see NY Producers come down here and decorate a house the way they want America to see it.

I was thinking the EXACT same thing!!! As a matter of fact, it looks like the worst Real World house I have ever seen!!!

I think the Real World New Orleans house or the Real World Las Vegas place looked more Texas-like than the Austin place. Matter of fact, I think ALL the previous Real World houses look more Texas-like than that one.

If I were someone watching the show and never been anywhere in Texas before, do you think I would be willing to come here as a tourist after seeing a house like that after watching the previous seasons?

LOL!!

What does the outside of the House look like?

If anyone goes to Austin can y'all find it and take pix?

I agree that it is too "Texas sterotype" so I gather they have an oil derrick in their backyard! right?

when does the season begin, I'm interested in knowing what the cast thinks of it.

Well are they airing/filming now?

I was thinking the EXACT same thing!!! As a matter of fact, it looks like the worst Real World house I have ever seen!!!

I think the Real World New Orleans house or the Real World Las Vegas place looked more Texas-like than the Austin place. Matter of fact, I think ALL the previous Real World houses look more Texas-like than that one.

If I were someone watching the show and never been anywhere in Texas before, do you think I would be willing to come here as a tourist after seeing a house like that after watching the previous seasons?

LOL!!

What does the outside of the House look like?

If anyone goes to Austin can y'all find it and take pix?

I agree that it is too "Texas sterotype" so I gather they have an oil derrick in their backyard! right?

when does the season begin, I'm interested in knowing what the cast thinks of it.

Well are they airing/filming now?

The outside of the house is the first pic on the MTV display on the link. It looks like an abandoned building or warehouse painted red with trees in front. Nothing NEARLY as spectacular as the previous houses.

I'm waiting for Real World Canada!! I'll sign up for the Toronto visit!! ;)

Wait you have to be Canadian to apply if it happened! AWWWWWWW MAN!!!!!!!!!! :(

Letting myself down for a show that isnt even in concept yet LOL!

hey they got an MTV Canada based in Vancouver BC...why not? ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have never seen real world before, but i've been watching it randomly this season. i find it interesting on how they portray the city. the drama and stuff is stupid, but they go out to places i frequent, and are doing a documentary on southxsouthwest which is cool.

you get an interesting perspective from people that are from all over (though obviously skewed by the fact that its on tv) on a city you know well.

imagine if they did it here, and lived midtown. everytime they went out they would walk, or catch the train downtown. and millions of young people would see something that they didn't think was possible in houston.

i'm not saying i want them to come here, and they probably never will, but i don't think its a bad thing.

Archived