West Side Of Kingwood

DaV

I was looking at maps of the Kingwood Area and I was wondering if anyone has noticed that the area looks like it was set up to maybe include a mall when it was developed. The area between Northpark and Kingwood Dr. on the west side of 59. It looks to have a ring road that most malls in the Houston area have. Also, it's within close proximity to 59. Just wondering if anyone knows if the area was intended to include a commercial area like this when it was developed.

Kingwood Medical Center started out as an enclosed mall. A crappy one but a mall none the less.

I remember when that opened as a mall. My parents took us to it the day it opened. I guess that's what poor working-class folks do for entertainment (besides people watching at Walmart).

I remember when that opened as a mall. My parents took us to it the day it opened. I guess that's what poor working-class folks do for entertainment (besides people watching at Walmart).

It was a Deauville Mall. There were a few of these type malls built around Houston in the early 80's.

I asked a question about Kingwood one time and kind of got the "don't even go there" vibe on this board. Is that because it's the ultimate in master bland community, lack of soul development? I went there once and it seemed pretty decent with nice sized lots and trails everywhere. I guess it's basically IAH terminal F, but if you like ambient noise like I do, who cares.

• The title was changed to West Side Of Kingwood

Archived