HAIF HD-5 upgrade

editor

I would prefer to just click and never see that thread again, but if I can just bypass by just clicking it and disappear for that session, that would work too.

I'm not sure I'm smart enough to figure out how to do that, but I'll give it a shot.

Oh yeah, put the "-" back on? Please? :)

Pretty please?

It's coming. New and improved. Now everyone will be able to see WHO modded you into oblivion. I suspect a little accountability will go a long way.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those black quotes seem a bit...blinding.

Will putting the "-" back on let you see who did it to you BEFORE it was removed? Admittedly, some (okay, more than some) of my posts sucked, but half of the minuses just seemed to be on any post I made.

I'm not sure I'm smart enough to figure out how to do that, but I'll give it a shot.

If it's done, great. If not, it's not going to ruin my world.

It's coming. New and improved. Now everyone will be able to see WHO modded you into oblivion. I suspect a little accountability will go a long way.

That's the reason why I want the topics to disappear. There are a few that I wish would go away and never see again. including some of mine. :)

Eh... maybe. I think you should just do away with the rating system altogether. Some people around here are already sensitive enough as is.

Or, put a limiter on the number of positive and negatives each person can give another person with either a time limit or some other governor. It people couldn't give or take points at will, that would probably be the best way to eliminate what IronTiger's referring to.

Eh... maybe. I think you should just do away with the rating system altogether. Some people around here are already sensitive enough as is.

Or, put a limiter on the number of positive and negatives each person can give another person with either a time limit or some other governor. It people couldn't give or take points at will, that would probably be the best way to eliminate what IronTiger's referring to.

I'd rather just keep it anonymous. I don't want my ideas to be associated with the people that I think +1 me sometimes. And I don't care who is giving me -1. As for a limiter, it makes sense for -1, but sometimes I just like to spread the love, and a +1 limiter would prevent that.

I think anonymous is the way to go too...

but as a compromise... is something like this possible:

On each profile you have

Rating

Number of unique members who have rated you

Number of unique members who you have rated.

Least this way, those that have really poor ratings will see that No, it isnt in fact just 1-2 people that hate your posts.... it's lots of people.

and those with high number of members rated cant be accused of only boosting others.

Maybe those won't work.. but it seems there should be a way of grading a member on their rating ability and the grade the quality of their rating without listing everyone who's voted for everyone.

I like the limiter idea... and I think having the limiter would justify being able to try the negative button out again.

I just gave lockmat a +1 for banana.... love that guy too... but then I was instantly blinded by the neon sea puke green.......

I know you intend to change that... but figured I would issue a formal complaint on behalf of those that value our retinas.

Gee Attica.... way to spoil my first attempt biggrin.gif

Untitled-4.jpg

That's it! Sorry to spoil the surprise, but you can only keep this level of genius under wraps for so long till it explodes into world consciousness like Fat Man and Little Boy. You are the Enola Gaye and HAIF is your Nagasaki.

Those black quotes seem a bit...blinding.

They'll likely change in time.

Will putting the "-" back on let you see who did it to you BEFORE it was removed? Admittedly, some (okay, more than some) of my posts sucked, but half of the minuses just seemed to be on any post I made.

I don't know. I don't think so. I don't believe the system tracked who ranked whom before. Or if it did, I don't know about it. We'll see what happens.

Site loads much faster now. Used to take forever. 

Interesting, since the new system is moving the same amount of data (and possibly a little more) than the previous version. I think the simplified layout helps older browsers.

This is also a possibility, but I like being able to do positive ratings. Sometimes I want to show that I agree with or appreciate something someone wrote, but I'm too lazy to write a full reply, so the + is useful for that. It's also a good substitute for the "me too!" posts that can clog internet fora.

There might be a way to do this. I'll look into it.

I'd rather just keep it anonymous.

Not going to happen. People here have already demonstrated that they can't behave themselves if these things are anonymous. In short...

web.gif?ver=12338687990001

What about adding a dancing banana icon? That guy cracks me up.

Poor guy's been dancing for almost a decade now. I think it's time to give him a rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym8D0EELSZ4&feature=player_embedded

Oh yeah! How about a "new posts" button for the mobile version? I have a work around, but it's cumbersome.

There's big stuff coming to the mobile version. I hope.

You may have noticed that in the last upgrade, and in this one, the PM system is more like a private thread than an e-mail system.

You may now invite up to 100 people to participate in a PM. Happy chatting.

You may now store up to 2,000 PMs.

• Members may now give up to 5,000 positive reputation points in a 24 hour period.
  • Members may now give up to 5 negative reputation points in a 24 hour period.
  • Members may now see who reped them.

• Members may now give up to 5,000 positive reputation points in a 24 hour period.
  • Members may now give up to 5 negative reputation points in a 24 hour period.
  • Members may now see who reped them.

I'm looking at my profile and don't see any options for seeing who has rated me. Does this mean that this feature isn't retroactive and I won't see anything until I get a new rating point from someone ?

I'm looking at my profile and don't see any options for seeing who has rated me. Does this mean that this feature isn't retroactive and I won't see anything until I get a new rating point from someone ?

See for yourself

Archived