Shops At Bella Terra At 5574 W. Grand Pkwy S.

GrandLakes

Drove by this development this morning and noticed the "official" signs are up for Best Buy, Ross, Famous Footwear, Pets-Mart, and others. I am excited about the Best Buy!

This is located on the SW Corner of Westpark and Grand Parkway (99) where the Wal-Mart and Kohls recently opened.

• 2 months later...
Drove by this development this morning and noticed the "official" signs are up for Best Buy, Ross, Famous Footwear, Pets-Mart, and others. I am excited about the Best Buy!

This is located on the SW Corner of Westpark and Grand Parkway (99) where the Wal-Mart and Kohls recently opened.

u can already see where that BESTBUY building will be, they're almost finished with the structure.

sad that parkway lakes across from it is decaying.

Is parkway lakes the neighborhood across from this development? There look to be some really nice homes in that neighborhood - nice as in big. What is not so nice is their proximity to Grand Parkway and Westpark and the huge flyover bridge from Grand Parkway Southbound to Westpark Eastbound.

u can already see where that BESTBUY building will be, they're almost finished with the structure.

sad that parkway lakes across from it is decaying.

I live in Parkway Lakes......WE ARE NOT DECAYING!!!!!........we were unfortunate to only be half complete when there was an economic downturn. With the continued buildup around us, our home values continue to rise each year. I expect Builders will be building again within 2 years.

We have some very beautiful and large homes and great neighbors. We are an affordable community and share all the ammenities of the Katy neighborhoods.

I love having the new Walmart across the street and it will be a wonderful shopping Center when it is complete.

It takes just a few minutes to get on the Tollway!!

I do agree that all neighborhoods have their eyesores.........and the north side of ours does have a spectacular view of the Flyover bridge.......but years from now, I would expect planted trees will help block the view........But no power or phone lines in our view either.

We do have some challanges we are addressing but doesn't every neighborhood?

I live in Parkway Lakes......WE ARE NOT DECAYING!!!!!........we were unfortunate to only be half complete when there was an economic downturn. With the continued buildup around us, our home values continue to rise each year. I expect Builders will be building again within 2 years.

We have some very beautiful and large homes and great neighbors. We are an affordable community and share all the ammenities of the Katy neighborhoods.

I love having the new Walmart across the street and it will be a wonderful shopping Center when it is complete.

It takes just a few minutes to get on the Tollway!!

I do agree that all neighborhoods have their eyesores.........and the north side of ours does have a spectacular view of the Flyover bridge.......but years from now, I would expect planted trees will help block the view........But no power or phone lines in our view either.

We do have some challanges we are addressing but doesn't every neighborhood?

Well according to HAR.com approx. 1/3 of all available homes for sale in Parkway Lakes are foreclosures. That can't be to good and hopefully is not an indicator of what is to become of that neighborhood. :ph34r:

The major builder was also Royce which when belly up so they also have some vacant homes just sitting there probably caught up on bank limbo. I hope for the best for the current residents, but you have to wonder with the vacancies, foreclosures, etc that the HOA has to be running pretty lean as their they probably have A LOT of overdue HOA fees without a stable ownership base. Without a strong, functioning HOA things can really start to deteriorate quickly as their is no enforcement of deed restrictions or maintenance of common areas. I've lived that before with my previous neighborhood.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know when the Best Buy and Petsmart will be opening?

I went to the store locator page on bestbuy.com and emailed the general manager of the store regarding the opening.  Here is the answer I received (although the email says Rosenberg the website indeed shows the address at 5340 W Grand Pkwy, Richmond):

The main number listed for the store on bestbuy.com is 281-232-1399

yes we soft opened yesterday and will be open going forward!! see you soon!

Leslie Castillo

General Manager

Rosenberg #1517

832-276-5099

• 4 months later...

Phase 3 site work began this week. Does anyone have any updated info on what is going in here - this is the section next to Best Buy toward 1093. The other side of Best Buy (between Kohl's) is suppose to have a Marshals and Sports Authority. The old site plan had said movie place but I heard that was axed a while ago..

Thanks..

• 2 weeks later...

Phase 3 site work began this week. Does anyone have any updated info on what is going in here - this is the section next to Best Buy toward 1093. The other side of Best Buy (between Kohl's) is suppose to have a Marshals and Sports Authority. The old site plan had said movie place but I heard that was axed a while ago..

Thanks..

Found what appears to be an official website but no news there...except the first time I'm hearing of a fitness center.

http://shopsatbellaterra.com/

Found what appears to be an official website but no news there...except the first time I'm hearing of a fitness center.

http://shopsatbellaterra.com/

I'm surprised that a bookstore isn't going into this center. I would think that Barnes & Noble is looking at locating in one of the centers that is going up in the Katy area.

I'm confused...Why would Bed Bath and Beyond be listed here...they announced they signed a lease across the street at Grand Corners. Could this be Buy Buy Baby (owned by Bed Bath and Beyond).

What happen to Marshall's? It was listed on Moody Rambin web site.

Fitness center - why - Lifetime is down the street and 1/2 dozen others right in Katy.

On the comment about Barnes & Noble - they were suppose to go into the Simon property at 10 and 99 but its on hold. I saw a article this week that says B&N may close 100 stores in 2010. Doubt they would put one in with one in West Oaks.

I'm confused...Why would Bed Bath and Beyond be listed here...they announced they signed a lease across the street at Grand Corners. Could this be Buy Buy Baby (owned by Bed Bath and Beyond).

What happen to Marshall's? It was listed on Moody Rambin web site.

Fitness center - why - Lifetime is down the street and 1/2 dozen others right in Katy.

On the comment about Barnes & Noble - they were suppose to go into the Simon property at 10 and 99 but its on hold. I saw a article this week that says B&N may close 100 stores in 2010. Doubt they would put one in with one in West Oaks.

I think that you're mistaken regarding Barnes & Noble, B&N is closing down the remainder of their B. Dalton locations, but I'm not aware of any significant B&N closures. The Simon property at 10 and 99 is dead, which is why I'm curious about where they are going to locate in Katy. The market is too big to be ignored for much longer and the store in West Oaks is too far away to adequately service the Katy area.

Re: BB&B - I doubt that the Grand Corners project is going to happen anytime soon and wouldn't be surprised if BB&B pulled out of there to move into a development that is breaking ground and would allow for a 2010 opening.

OK...This is what I found out...

The current construction in Phase 3 is for a 24hr Fitness Center (next to Best Buy) - I saw the bid for the site work online. Also, in front of Walmart it is going to be Subway, Bright Dental, and Fantastic Sam's (according to Chronicle lease signings).

I can't find any tidbit on what is happening in the large field on the other side of the street (between 1093 and West Park Lakes). I can't even find out who owns it. Any ideas?

OK...This is what I found out...

The current construction in Phase 3 is for a 24hr Fitness Center (next to Best Buy) - I saw the bid for the site work online. Also, in front of Walmart it is going to be Subway, Bright Dental, and Fantastic Sam's (according to Chronicle lease signings).

I can't find any tidbit on what is happening in the large field on the other side of the street (between 1093 and West Park Lakes). I can't even find out who owns it. Any ideas?

Would you happen to have a link? I've been looking for this also.

Would you happen to have a link? I've been looking for this also.

Well, the lease signings are on Chron.com under Real Estate news. The site work I googled...but I have since discovered if you click the "Fitness Center" picture on the web page at http://www.shopsofbellaterra.com it takes you to 24 hr fitness. If you still want the exact links...I'll have to hunt them down again and post it for you.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived