Baytown Transit Expansion

Baytown Bus Service Expands for Summer 2010

Seven New Stops to Include Baytown Water Park - Fares Unchanged

Effective June 01, 2010 Harris County Transit will begin operating a revised summer schedule for the Baytown Fixed Route Bus Service. These changes will offer Baytown residents more destinations to shopping locations such as HEB as well as recreational facilities including the YMCA and the new Baytown Water Park. In addition to these changes two new transfer points serve to connect Route 1 and Route 3. The changes are the following:

Route 1 - Garth Road: The regular north/south bound routes will continue on Garth Road with the exception of the eastbound turn on Baker Street to 5300 East Road, home of the new Pirates Bay Water Park. The route will then head west on South Road back to Garth to resume the regular route. Travel time on this route is approximately 50 minutes.

Route 2 - Lee College: No changes are made to this route. The Lee College route will continue its east/west runs along Main Street, Market Street and from Park Street to Lee College. The same stops at Lee College, Baytown City Hall and numerous retail locations will continue. Transfers will continue to be made at Park Street and Garth Road.

Route 3 - North Alexander/Cedar Bayou: The original route to Lobit Street at N. Main, then north on N. Main to the YMCA at Rollingbrook Street and Baker Street east of Garth Road will continue. Additionally, the route will extend to Main Street where 6 new stops are being added. These new stops are HEB at Cedar Bayou and Main Street, YMCA at Wye Road, Bob Smith and Main Street, Food Town on Main Street, Birdsong Apartments on Garth Road and, the west side of Garth Road (across from Walgreens). The extended route will run both north and southbound.

The two additional transfer points connecting Route 1 and Route 3 are located at Baker Street and Garth Road, and Rollingbrook and Garth Road. The existing transfer points at Garth Road and Park Street and San Jacinto Mall will continue.

The route changes were created as a result of on-board surveys conducted by Harris Country Transit representatives in March 2010. The changes create an addition of approximately 3 new miles of service at no additional change in the current fare structure.

Fare Structure:

Adults $1.00 each way

Children (11 yrs & under) $ .50 each way

Seniors (62 & older with I.D.) $ .50 each way

Disabled (With I.D.) $ .50 each way

Students ( With I.D.) $ .50 each way

Lee College Students &Staff (With I.D.) Free

Children under 2 yrs Free

Certified Paratransit Eligible Passenger $2.00

post-1-12749788917952_thumb.jpg

• The title was changed to Baytown Transit Expansion

Archived