Real Housewives of Houston?

I'm guessing this is really going to happen, as it has now been reported several places. Personally, I couldn't be more pleased! This show is my guilty plessure and to have it in my home town would make it even more juicy. So far the names I've heard mentioned have been Franklin Roses wife and or daughter, Jeff Bagwells wife, The hand SUrgeon, Dr. Brown (who has a rather checkered past, to say the least) wife. I think she is #4. Anyone else know anything about this? Where do you think they'll hang out?

Where will they hang out? Hrm... prolly at their local CiCi's pizza place. Lol. And you're right, rico. One of my girlfriends loves this sort of... stuff. This might prove to be the perfect distraction for her. Lulz.

I don't get the psychology about it either, but I do believe it's simply a case of hyper-narcissism that draw people to it.

MY guilty pleasure, "True Beauty" and "Wipeout" is coming on.

If I only did drugs, Wipeout would be hysterical.

I just found out that one of my friends was asked to audition. I had no idea she was that much of a socialite. It would be great to have someone I know on the show so I can see how fake the whole thing really is.

Don't be tardy for the party!

This is awesome news. I love RH. No more apologizing for it either! If watching these damaged, brittle shrews is wrong, why does it feel so right?

Deconstructing 'Lost': booooooring. Cataloging the clown makeup, bad breast implants, and decorating horrors inside the

homes of RH New Jersey...now we're talking!

Don't be tardy for the party!

This is awesome news. I love RH. No more apologizing for it either! If watching these damaged, brittle shrews is wrong, why does it feel so right?

Deconstructing 'Lost': booooooring. Cataloging the clown makeup, bad breast implants, and decorating horrors inside the

homes of RH New Jersey...now we're talking!

best quote of the day! Love me some Real Housewives.

Americans' desire to watch idiotic shows like this proves that we are doomed to lose our place as top dog sooner rather than later. Americans care more about celebrity than knowledge. So frustrating.

It's not necesarily that bleak. I look at it like diet; in the past month or so I've read some thoroughly interesting and wholesome books on macroeconomic history. For my empty calories, it's Real Housewives and waiting for Mad Men to hurry up and get back on air with new episodes (preferably with Jon Hamm shirtless).

I just found out that one of my friends was asked to audition. I had no idea she was that much of a socialite. It would be great to have someone I know on the show so I can see how fake the whole thing really is.

Yeah, I'd be interested in her take on the show. I wouldn't watch it but I'd sure follow your posts about the goings on if you were so inclined.

And, I got the impression that all the gals on NJ housewives were friends 'before'. How can producers pick and choose a group of women, plop them down somewhere and expect them to be life long buddies?? Would they even want to do things together? I'm just not buying it, how can it be reality if it's not real. Oh, maybe that's the point.

Now, if there had been a camera in that airplane when Osteen's wife had that hissy fit, that would have been reality.

I readily admit that this is where I get my gay on. While I love college football, beer, and outdoor sports and detest A&F, South Beach (the Club and the destination), and twink boys, I do LOVE me some Real Housewives. New York is on tonight. Can't believe that Jill shows up in St John.

My wife is home right now with our baby (and another one on the way). Can she be on this show? Technically, she's a housewife. Not only that, she's an attractive blonde, and she can ramp up the drama to make it interesting. Also, I know how to sigh really big and shake my head for whenever I'd be on screen. This can be my trademark line: "My wife did what? Well, you can't fence her in." And then I'll stumble off screen to refill my scotch on the rocks.

I really don't want to move to Memorial though, and something tells me all these women will live in Memorial.

I really don't want to move to Memorial though, and something tells me all these women will live in Memorial.

For some reason, I thought that some of the Houston housewives could come out of one of those gated, McMansion communities in the Sugar Land area.

For some reason, I thought that some of the Houston housewives could come out of one of those gated, McMansion communities in the Sugar Land area.

The people in those gated McMansions are new money or don't have as much money as you think they do.

River Oaks and Memorial is SERIOUS money.

The people in those gated McMansions are new money or don't have as much money as you think they do.

River Oaks and Memorial is SERIOUS money.

Old money wouldn't go on this show. These will be wives of mid-size oil company executives, plastic surgeons and those lawyers who run those ads trying to get a bunch of plaintiffs involved in a class action lawsuit against weight-loss pharmaceutical companies.

I accidentally caught about five minutes of the Atlanta show once (I'd briefly lost my testicles and had no other choice), and I was a bit surprised to find out only like two of the "housewives" were even married. What's up wit dat? And, that white one with the fake blonde hair (the one who looked like a tranny) was about the dumbest human being ever given facetime over the airwaves. I feel robbed for that five minutes I lost to that show. It was nothing but a bunch of stupid people doing stupid things and manufacturing stupid drama. It was like Jerry Springer in a Bentley. I had to take a shower afterward to wash away the filth (and where I fortunately recovered my balls). I've not seen a single other episode of the show, and I probably wouldn't watch it even if my wife was on it.

Americans' desire to watch idiotic shows like this proves that we are doomed to lose our place as top dog sooner rather than later. Americans care more about celebrity than knowledge. So frustrating.

I think of reality TV as analogous to the rise of game shows in the 1950's. While trivial in content, they are exhibiting real emotions and that's what people wait and watch to get a glimmer of.

Yes, it's our turn. The Real Housewives of Houston are being slowly cooked up. Thoughts? Are our rich social women as crazy and dramatic as every other cities'? I'm surprised Miami or even Vegas hasn't been thought up yet.

Would be just our luck if they find a group of morbidly obese women to further diminish our cities shameful weight issues. But, who knows maybe they will give Houston a more attractive edge and portray us in a better light for ratings. I've never seen what is interesting about the show in the first place.

Never seen the Atlanta show but I think it was Bravo's way of being "less white." The only version I truly enjoy is New York. How can you not like a former Countess who thinks she's the next pop star, a crazy ex-model who literally needs to be institutionalized, an over the top Jewish book peddler, ballsy Bethenny and her "Skinny Girl" business, Ramona, the tv jewelry sociopath, Alex and her gay husband, and the newest member, the unapologetic slutty divorcee!

Archived