Montrose HEB At 1701 W. Alabama St.

Porchman

Do you support the HEB development?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the HEB development?

• Yes
    • No
    • Dunno
    • Live in Montrose, but don't care
    • Don't live in Montrose, so why should I care?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there would never be sunlite at the park. astroturf would rule. that may be easier since most of the dogs owners in the hood leave the turds on the ground anyway due to no sense. ghetto it is but that seems to be the norm.

Yeah, that's right. Another nine or ten feet on a building likely situated to its north will kill all the flora. It's inevitable. We don't have any highrises near any public parks in Houston for just that reason. None at all.

Nope, not one...

Yeah, that's right. Another nine or ten feet on a building likely situated to its north will kill all the flora. It's inevitable. We don't have any highrises near any public parks in Houston for just that reason. None at all.

Nope, not one...

Bell Park??

"Who knows, maybe the Foteh family will finally start to sell off some stuff"

Isn't that the truth. The Foteh family is the definition of slumlords. I wish they would all be forced to live in their properties.

Yes. Elevator's that are slower than something really slow to the underground garage.

I'd rather drive around for days waiting for an above ground spot to open than to park underground.

not only is the elevator slower than molasses, but people who use them have absolutely no etiquette or common sense. Let people out of the elevator, then you can get in. how hard is that? But instead, you have to wait for some self absorbed meat-head to crowd into the elevator, and then you can walk out of the elevator with your groceries.

There's a Sainsbury's in Belfast that I frequented when I was home recently that has parking underground. The parking area is accessed by what is basically one of those conveyor thingies they have in airports but at a gentle angle and considerably wider. You walk on it with your trolley and glide down to the parking area. Couldn't be more convenient.

I'd rather drive around for days waiting for an above ground spot to open than to park underground.

not only is the elevator slower than molasses, but people who use them have absolutely no etiquette or common sense. Let people out of the elevator, then you can get in. how hard is that? But instead, you have to wait for some self absorbed meat-head to crowd into the elevator, and then you can walk out of the elevator with your groceries.

So you would rather have ugly surface parking so you can park your car on a sun magnet in Houston, Texas, because of elevator etiquette? Ha.

You can't please anybody in Houston. This reminds me of the valet parking complaints.

So you would rather have ugly surface parking so you can park your car on a sun magnet in Houston, Texas, because of elevator etiquette? Ha.

I'd definitely rather be offended by something static that is ugly than by something that is human and evil. If ugly user-friendly parking lots yield friendlier behavior, then bring 'em on.

I'd definitely rather be offended by something static that is ugly than by something that is human and evil. If ugly user-friendly parking lots yield friendlier behavior, then bring 'em on.

Certain drugs would also bring on friendlier behavior. Perhaps instead of scent spraying their stores with fresh coffee smell they can spray Zoloft in mist form.

You can't please anybody in Houston. This reminds me of the valet parking complaints.

usually, when I do my grocery shopping it is on weeknights, so the sun isn't really a factor for me.

also, if the stairs were easily accessible, I'd be all over parking in the basement.

but yeah, generally you can please some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people even some of the time.

or something like that.

Certain drugs would also bring on friendlier behavior. Perhaps instead of scent spraying their stores with fresh coffee smell they can spray Zoloft in mist form.

oh, I thought you were going a different direction with that, like extacy or something. hahaha.

OK, I give....no one has gotten around to posting the swamplot link:

http://swamplot.com/is-this-your-montrose-supermarket-on-stilts-a-south-beach-model-for-the-wilshire-village-h-e-b/2010-08-02/#comments

I'm sure we've all seen this "pseudo" rendering by now. Honestly, if anything remotely close to this comes about I will be very pleasantly surprised. I'm still curious as to whether all of the options HEB plans to present will be on "stilts" or just one of the three with some sort of "must raise a few million $$ for option #3" caveat

Hard to see it happening. I just want them to build something already. Depressing biking past that lot every day, and so strange to think of all the lives that were lived there...

Such is development in Houston. Richmond Landing, anyone?

Hard to see it happening. I just want them to build something already. Depressing biking past that lot every day, and so strange to think of all the lives that were lived there...

Well, you could always do something like this:

500x_0005x5cq.jpg

there are more at this site:

Gizmodo

I wonder how difficult it would be here in Houston.

Without the nazis course.

As long as Fiesta goes under and takes those frigging shopping carts out of my neighborhood, I don't care what HEB does.

This has been discussed at length elsewhere, but I agree wholeheartedly....

Well, you could always do something like this:

500x_0005x5cq.jpg

there are more at this site:

Gizmodo

I wonder how difficult it would be here in Houston.

Without the nazis course.

Aren't those Russian officers?

As long as Fiesta goes under and takes those frigging shopping carts out of my neighborhood, I don't care what HEB does.

Ruh-roh. Marksmu and I have been getting along lately. Let's not ruin it.

Aren't those Russian officers?

No way, man. Don't you recognize the clean lines of superior design? Doesn't it scream to you Hugo Boss?

The Russians, even the officers, were running around in recycled potato sacks. Them's Nat-zees.

Fiesta's shopping carts are an unspoken amenity to your neighborhood's pedestrian shoppers. They will let you take them home. It's not even that they don't care. It's how they compete.

Fiesta's shopping carts are an unspoken amenity to your neighborhood's pedestrian shoppers. They will let you take them home. It's not even that they don't care. It's how they compete.

In some European cities, bicycles are provided for the public to use without penalty (or so is my understanding - look it up, yerself), with the understanding that things sort themselves out.

Such seems the case with Fiesta. Whenever the vacant lot next door contained more than a couple of abandoned carts, I'd give them a call, and eventually a truck would stop by and pick them up.

Ruh-roh. Marksmu and I have been getting along lately. Let's not ruin it.

No way, man. Don't you recognize the clean lines of superior design? Doesn't it scream to you Hugo Boss?

The Russians, even the officers, were running around in recycled potato sacks. Them's Nat-zees.

Quite apart from the distinctive shape of the cap, the copyright in the photo is in Cyrillic. Russians lording it over Berlin.

Exactly. Fiesta provides an actual pedestrian-friendly experience, as opposed to empty new-urbanist jargon. Viva Fiesta.

Exactly. Fiesta provides an actual pedestrian-friendly experience, as opposed to empty new-urbanist jargon. Viva Fiesta.

Well, having them lying all over the sidewalks effects my pedestrian-friendly experience. Pick them up 2-3 times a day, or keep them on FIESTA property.

Archived