Bridgeland Rental/Investment

wxz44428

I've visited Bridgeland before, and I think it is very beautiful. However, I've seen the price dropped quite a bit and was hit with quite some short sales and foreclosures in the last year or so. I am wondering, in general, is that community a good opportunity for investment purpose ? I am thinking of buying a property there, rent it out a year or two, and resell it. However, the uncertainty about the developer, lots of resale/new houses/foreclosures on market in that community, high taxes, bad traffic make me think it is probably not a good place to invest in. I do not know too much about the market history there, and your kind advice is highy appreciated.

I see virtually no rental in that community, is it true that it is hard to rent out in that area ? E.g, is it reasonable to expect a market price of 280k house to rent out for 2500$/month in Bridgeland ? For a resale house (not new), is the market price around 90$/sf there, if it is one of the top builders, like Trendmaker, Highland or DavidWeekly ?

I've visited Bridgeland before, and I think it is very beautiful. However, I've seen the price dropped quite a bit and was hit with quite some short sales and foreclosures in the last year or so. I am wondering, in general, is that community a good opportunity for investment purpose ? I am thinking of buying a property there, rent it out a year or two, and resell it. However, the uncertainty about the developer, lots of resale/new houses/foreclosures on market in that community, high taxes, bad traffic make me think it is probably not a good place to invest in. I do not know too much about the market history there, and your kind advice is highy appreciated.

I see virtually no rental in that community, is it true that it is hard to rent out in that area ? E.g, is it reasonable to expect a market price of 280k house to rent out for 2500$/month in Bridgeland ? For a resale house (not new), is the market price around 90$/sf there, if it is one of the top builders, like Trendmaker, Highland or DavidWeekly ?

You may be able to rent your house at a decent price, but the problem will come when you try to sell it in "a year or two". You will be going against brand new houses in Bridgeland for the foreseeable future. I highly recommend not trying to flip a house there only a year or two after you buy it.

Has anyone visited Bridgeland lately to see the new Lakeland Heights part of this development? Supposedly it's supposed to be modeled after a (TND) Traditional Neighborhood Development with influence from communities such as West U. West U? That's quite a standard... I can't wait to see what it will actually look like. Perhaps West U before all the razing of homes.

• The title was changed to Bridgeland Rental/Investment

Archived