Camp Manison In Friendswood

I searched the topic and didn't see any previous posts. Anyone go to summercamp at Camp Manison? If I recall, it

was near Manvel Tx.

I remember the ground-level trampolines, horses and farm. Later I went to some company picnic's on the

campgrounds.

I moved away, not sure whatever became of it.

I searched the topic and didn't see any previous posts. Anyone go to summercamp at Camp Manison? If I recall, it

was near Manvel Tx.

I remember the ground-level trampolines, horses and farm. Later I went to some company picnic's on the

campgrounds.

I moved away, not sure whatever became of it.

Kylejack is correct. It was in Friendswood since the 1950's.

It closed in 1998. It was roughly at the intersection of 528 and 518. (see kylejack's map link)

The land it was on is now mostly an HEB and Hunter's Creek subdivision.

• 2 weeks later...

My senior class picnic (Clear Creek High School 1973) was held at Camp Manison. We students only had to stay for a couple of hours to be counted as "in attendence", and then we all went to West Beach for a keg party..........much more fun.

One of the Manison family memebers was on Friendswood city council for several terms up until just recently. There was a big farewell party for him, that most of us surrounding city council memebers were invited to. I didn't attend though.

• The title was changed to Camp Manison In Friendswood?
  • The title was changed to Camp Manison In Friendswood

Archived