Pyramids - La Hacienda del Sol

lockmat

29232_517329676620_159900085_30679157_4410287_n.jpg

This thing sounds insane. The .pdf below was made in 2008.

Here are just a FEW highlights. Read the .pdf for more info. (the .pdf goes into much more detail)

-----------------------------------------------------

"...world-class, multi-faceted project will be powered by cutting edge technology utilizing solar panels, fuel cells and geothermal energy. [it] will be self-sufficient and will generate additional revenues for the complex.

...will encompass 2,350 acres, phase one will consist of three main buildings designed after the Aztec Pyramids, shopping plazas, two 18-hole championship golf courses, a luxury convention center, an internationally renowned restaurant, a world-class health spa, lush grounds and gardens, and a gated private residence community with home ranging from two to seven million dollars, on one to three acre sites. Several additional phases will be made possible with the acquisition of such a large piece of property for the years to come.

The primary structures will be the 18-story office tower with the six-star resort hotel and luxury condominium towers rising up 15-stories on either side. The front of each structure will feature a cascading waterfall from the top of the pyramid into a common man-made lake, which additionally serves as a reservoir for the geothermal cooling system of the complex.

...will have an outdoor amphitheater.

The project will be located in the northern quadrant of Houston in a very established and affluent area nearby the home of HP Computer Southwest headquarters. It will in the near future be connected to the affluent Woodlands Community by way of the extension of Woodlands Parkway connecting I-45 to FM 249.

The site selected is 40 mins from downtown and 30 from IAH.

Our vision is to develop the most unique and luxurious resort and convention center in the entire Southwest.

http://www.redriverc...om/Pyramids.pdf

http://www.redriverc...m/projects.html

...on second thought, this man might be dead serious. He has been in business forever and has had many big legitimate projects.

Anybody can put up a website.

Let me know (before posting it on HAIF) if you ever come across mine.

True, but this company is real. They're building something on Almeda near 288, just south of Midtown. They're number 65 (first one under D-Variances). At least, I am assuming the website goes with the company listed on the agenda.

The guy at least lists a very long track record. True anyone can throw up a website, but? I dunno...

I don't know where this project will be located. There's not much land by the HP campus on 249... The nearest that I can think of is north of Spring Cypress. That area is not affluent like the article mentioned... hmmm...

...to be honest, the project is a little tacky. sorry...

I don't know where this project will be located. There's not much land by the HP campus on 249... The nearest that I can think of is north of Spring Cypress. That area is not affluent like the article mentioned... hmmm...

Yes, it does sound too good to be true. I think the HP reference was a very general one. I think it would be north of 2920 by their description of the intersection of Woodlands Parkway and 249?

You're right. They should put the giant presidential heads there, to give it a little class.

You're right. They should put the giant presidential heads there, to give it a little class.

LOL... No thanks! Those presidential heads should stay in Pearland (no need to rain on their parade). Why couldn't someone build a building like the Esperson in downtown anymore? "give it a little class" I didn't mention that northwest houston had class or not... I just prefer not to have this particular project in the area... that's all.

If I was able to create a project of that scale I would create something similar to Central Park of NYC to incorporate the trees... (although central park was all planted in). This way everyone can really enjoy it all... It takes forever for trees to grow... why put them to waste?

29232_517329676620_159900085_30679157_4410287_n.jpg

If you're going to imitate the Maya, at least imitate Classic period Maya, not this Postclassic Chichen Itza derivative.

Anybody can put up a website.

Let me know (before posting it on HAIF) if you ever come across mine.

Yeah, please don't post it on HAIF. It's most definitely NSFW, and I don't need my corporate IT overlords to catch me with that on the screen.

Well it does have some amusement value. Plus, I've always had a bit of a weakness for mimetic architecture. I really wouldn't mind seeing it get built.

Archived