Dean and Rog in the morning

little frau

It's not so much that I like Dean and Rog as I can't stand the other guys.

It seems every radio station in town has given up on playing music in the morning, so I'm either listening to the BBC on KPFT for my morning drive time or MP3s.

Also, it only takes 200 posts to write on the politics forum, so get crackin'.

Dude, you need to get out more often.

Some of us haven't listened to FM radio in years.

Personally, I've always found the comedic radio morning show people (all of them) much more annoying than funny. I stopped trying to listen to music in the morning on FM channels in high school and went for sports radio instead. Now it's mostly sports radio with music mixed in on XM.

I listen to NPR in the morning, but Dean & Rog are not so bad, compared to the other morning shows. Some of the prank calls are funny.

So do I. Minus the drivel aka morning shows aka Houston radio. Ugh. If it's not NPR then it's Pandora. Maybe some Astros radio. Everything else can go out the window.

Dude, you need to get out more often.

I do. I get out probably more than musicman. The thing is that I dont listen to the radio. Maybe NPR... but that's only for 10 - 30 minutes at a time. The rest is Pandora. I dont like listening to mindless crap and the latest news about celebrities. No thanks.

Hey, I have no idea who they are, either.

But then, I never heard a drive-time radio personality that I didn't detest. DJ schtick is torture to me. I'll watch all kind of utter crap on tv, but I just can't stand it on the radio for some reason.

No. The mindless drivel on TV won't do either. Never.

Some of us haven't listened to FM radio in years.

Personally, I've always found the comedic radio morning show people (all of them) much more annoying than funny. I stopped trying to listen to music in the morning on FM channels in high school and went for sports radio instead. Now it's mostly sports radio with music mixed in on XM.

I've had XM for almost 7 years and haven't listened to an FM station since, nor have I ever listened to their show, but that doesn't mean I don't know who they are.

I've become convinced regular radio is crap.

I've had XM for almost 7 years and haven't listened to an FM station since, nor have I ever listened to their show, but that doesn't mean I don't know who they are.

I've become convinced regular radio is crap.

I could never bring myself to pay to listen to the radio ala XM. Ugh. Pandora is free and better.

I could never bring myself to pay to listen to the radio ala XM. Ugh. Pandora is free and better.

That's ok. I only pay for basic cable, don't buy bottled water, nor do I pay $5 daily for coffee: I think I come out ahead. :)

I don't like talk radio either. However, I do like the rock and roll that Dean and Rog play. They do sometimes ask trivia questions in order to give away tickets to concerts and such but I've never had the patience to even try to call in. I wouldn't really call theirs a 'talk show'.

When they were on the ARROW, around New Year's, they used to play every single song in the station library, beginning with A and going thru Z. It'd take several days but it was a chance to hear songs that didn't get much air time otherwise.

Archived