Katy Vs. Klein School Districts

katy07

We are currently considering moving and need to know if Klein schools hold up to Katy schools?? are they pretty equal? Has Klein been steadily getting better worse or staying the same? Are there any schools or districts in the outskirts of houston that are equal to Katy ISD? If Klein is not much different than Katy then I wouldn't mind having my kids in that school system. In Katy the schools that we are considering are Rylander Elementary, Cinco ranch Jr High, Cinco Ranch High School, Seven Lakes high and Woodcreek jr high. In Klein ISD we are considering Klein HS, Klein Forest HS, Mittlestadt Elementary, Wunderlich middle school, Theiss Elementary Doerre middle school. I need to know everything because our decision depends on the school district.

Any and all insight would be greatly appreciated! I don't know where else i can get real feedback from real people! LOL Thanks so much!

Todays Chronicle has the testing information you need. The TEA or HAR sites will have the demographic information necessary to make an informed choice. My neighborhood goes to Mittlestadt, Wunderlich, and Forest. Some of the kids go to Kleb with their mothers, who work for KISD. My now grown son attended 4 high schools in 4 towns. The day he was to start Webster Groves High School as a senior the morning question was, the minute they discover I am new, and went to other schools, they are going to ask me if theirs is the best. Their school is just like all of the others. To save trouble I'll just tell them ,yes yours is the best.

Kids get out what they put in. The people I talk to daily love their schools. My neighbors are very involved. Wunderlich and Forest have the same generic Texas public school programs as everybody else. Forest kids get into Lone Star college, A&M, THE University, Princeton, Cornell and most any school they want. The amount of helicopter parenting at Klein HS should put all of those kids at Harvard with perfect SAT's.

After years of watching parents and kids, and paying for several Masters degrees and participating in the acquisition on 1 PhD and one on the way, I say find a house you love. Your kids will be fine anywhere you are fine. If you are not O.K. neither are the kids.

BTW, check MLN36092543 on HAR. We can make a deal.

• 1 month later...

I would not recommend Klein HS due to the construction that will take place there over the next 3.5 to 6 six years.

PS. I no longer go to Klein HS but still in Klein isd

• 2 months later...

We are currently considering moving and need to know if Klein schools hold up to Katy schools?? are they pretty equal? Has Klein been steadily getting better worse or staying the same? Are there any schools or districts in the outskirts of houston that are equal to Katy ISD? If Klein is not much different than Katy then I wouldn't mind having my kids in that school system. In Katy the schools that we are considering are Rylander Elementary, Cinco ranch Jr High, Cinco Ranch High School, Seven Lakes high and Woodcreek jr high. In Klein ISD we are considering Klein HS, Klein Forest HS, Mittlestadt Elementary, Wunderlich middle school, Theiss Elementary Doerre middle school. I need to know everything because our decision depends on the school district.

Any and all insight would be greatly appreciated! I don't know where else i can get real feedback from real people! LOL Thanks so much!

Go to KatyISD. Rylander feeds into Cinco Jr and Cinco High...you can NOT go wrong. I have children who went to Cinco HS and a child at Rylander could not be happier with the schools. They are now a sophmore and senior in college. Great schools, and great quiet neighboorhoods. Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know anything about Katy schools but all my kids went to Klein H.S. . They are renovating it as someone said, but in my opinion, this is the best of the Klein Schools with Klein Forest being the worst although I hear it is getting better..Doerre and Kleb are similar middle schools, just depends on which neighborhood you move to which middle school your child will go to but they both feed into Klein High.

y kids went to Krahn elementary, Kleb middle and Klein high..some of my friends kids that went to Krahn went to Doerre because if the neighborhoods they lived in, then all the kids meet back up at Klein.

I have been happy with Klein HS and the area in general..

• The title was changed to Katy Vs. Klein School Districts

Archived