Northside Constable Patrol

JR_Sunset

The Northside Constable Patrol program has been opened for people to sign up. The amount is $175 for the period from June 1, 2010 to Dec 31, 2010. The sign up area is on the Houston Heights Association's website http://houstonheight...tanlepatrol.htm. There are links there to pay over the internet via credit card. If enough people do not sign up then your money will be refunded. There is a slight charge for using credit cards, so the refund would be net of the charge amount which would be less than $5. To make this happen, the target is to sign up 300 people.

People can also send checks if they would like. Be sure to include your contact information like your address, phone, email address along with the payment.

Make Checks payable to HHA Northside Constable Patrol

Mail them to this address

HHA Constable Patrol

P.O. Box 70735

Houston, TX 77270-0735

northsidepatrol.jpg

The map shows it extending to Airline on the East, but the webpage says it stops at Yale.

The Northside Constable Patrol program has been opened for people to sign up. The amount is $175 for the period from June 1, 2010 to Dec 31, 2010. The sign up area is on the Houston Heights Association's website http://houstonheight...tanlepatrol.htm. There are links there to pay over the internet via credit card. If enough people do not sign up then your money will be refunded. There is a slight charge for using credit cards, so the refund would be net of the charge amount which would be less than $5. To make this happen, the target is to sign up 300 people.

People can also send checks if they would like. Be sure to include your contact information like your address, phone, email address along with the payment.

Make Checks payable to HHA Northside Constable Patrol

Mail them to this address

HHA Constable Patrol

P.O. Box 70735

Houston, TX 77270-0735

northsidepatrol.jpg

Are there any other such programs like this for other parts of Houston? Like.. south side, east end, or the like?

It's something the Houston Heights Assoc. put together... It can be implemented anywhere with a willing civic association and enough cash. Send them an email, I'm sure they would be happy to share the info with you.

Are there any other such programs like this for other parts of Houston? Like.. south side, east end, or the like?

In our area in the east end, we have Constable and HPD response time of 10 to 15 minutes. Because of our location in relation to Wayside and Lawndale, patrol cars are seen on our streets all the time. Plus, we have a neighborhood watch crew.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In our area in the east end, we have Constable and HPD response time of 10 to 15 minutes. Because of our location in relation to Wayside and Lawndale, patrol cars are seen on our streets all the time. Plus, we have a neighborhood watch crew.

I'm staying very near those two streets and I think we should still get some kind of thing going. Someone bust the rear windshield of my car the other night. Cost me $700. UGH. I am of the opinion that the more officers we have on the street the better.

• 2 weeks later...

They failed to acquire the needed signatures.

Link

The program has not been officially killed yet. In fact, work is still going forward to get more sign ups. There are currently 122 people signed up for the service. The Houston Heights Association board will have a meeting this Friday to decide the out come.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...