KTRK Anchor's Aweigh!

Cheezburger Network picked up the anchor fall from KTRK. For those who haven't seen it...

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="437" height="333" id="viddler"><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/player/58e7f2d/" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="fake=1"/><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/player/58e7f2d/" width="437" height="333" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="fake=1" name="viddler" ></embed></object>

Cheezburger Network picked up the anchor fall from KTRK. For those who haven't seen it...

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="437" height="333" id="viddler"><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/player/58e7f2d/" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="fake=1"/><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/player/58e7f2d/" width="437" height="333" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="fake=1" name="viddler" ></embed></object>

I Love Melanie Lawson! I'm not really sure what she was trying to do though. She should have gotten up, and run over the Don Nelson & pinched him. Reaching across that table was not a good idea!

I Love Melanie Lawson! I'm not really sure what she was trying to do though. She should have gotten up, and run over the Don Nelson & pinched him. Reaching across that table was not a good idea!

Actually, the news anchors often can't just get up and walk around. They're tethered to the desk by their microphone and IFB wires. Sometimes the wired pair is the primary, and there's a wireless set for backup, or the other way around. It's up to the station engineers. Weathermen always have wirelesses and can go wherever they want.

More than once I've had a Houston weather anchor not turn off his wireless mic and I got to listen to him take care of his business. One guy was like clockwork. I always knew when it was 6:20 by the sound that would echo through my headset.

Actually, the news anchors often can't just get up and walk around. They're tethered to the desk by their microphone and IFB wires. Sometimes the wired pair is the primary, and there's a wireless set for backup, or the other way around. It's up to the station engineers. Weathermen always have wirelesses and can go wherever they want.

More than once I've had a Houston weather anchor not turn off his wireless mic and I got to listen to him take care of his business. One guy was like clockwork. I always knew when it was 6:20 by the sound that would echo through my headset.

Ah, Yes. What goes on under the counter, eh? Well, maybe all that wiring broke her fall! Lol... I always enjoy it when someone is mic'd up and they don't realize they are "ON". Must've been very interesting to hear what went on....

I've known Melanie for a long time and she doesn't do much running now. She's got MS and walks with a cane most times. You gotta admit though, she took it quite well! As far as falls go, that one seemed graceful. Plus, she didn't pull an Isaiah Carey and curse everyone out. :lol:

Now if you want to see a funnier newscaster fall, check this out from our friends up north.

I've known Melanie for a long time and she doesn't do much running now. She's got MS and walks with a cane most times. You gotta admit though, she took it quite well! As far as falls go, that one seemed graceful. Plus, she didn't pull an Isaiah Carey and curse everyone out. laugh.gif

Now if you want to see a funnier newscaster fall, check this out from our friends up north.

I must of seen that Isiah Carey clip a thousand times it just so funny. I dont know what it is about reporters and news ancors but they are some of the most funny people in the world and its all by accident.

I've known Melanie for a long time and she doesn't do much running now. She's got MS and walks with a cane most times. You gotta admit though, she took it quite well! As far as falls go, that one seemed graceful. Plus, she didn't pull an Isaiah Carey and curse everyone out. laugh.gif

That's really a shame about Melanie. She's a class act.

ms in the 80's shouldn't be funny

MS at anytime is not funny, and in every case, so tragic. Melanie always lights me up when I see her. I had no idea that she was afflicted with this malady.

She, or one of her co-anchors, announced it on the show several years ago when she was first diagnosed. She said then that she'd continue at the news desk but not out in the field. She has always been one of my favorites of all the Houston anchors.

MS at anytime is not funny, and in every case, so tragic. Melanie always lights me up when I see her. I had no idea that she was afflicted with this malady.

i've known her since the early 80's and she walked with both a limp and cane back then.

Archived