The Corner at 200 West

This condo building recently openend, and I just really like the design. It's sleek and not over the top "modern." Who what of thought just a change of direction in lines and a bit of indention could make it look so nice?

Something like this would be perfect anywhere in Houston.

Some stats on it:

20 stories

Designed by Handel Architects

196 rooms, from studios to 3-bedroom

an Andres Escobar-designed lobby with a 1,754-crystal chandelier; a 200-SF “decompression room,” and a 10k-SF landscaped roof with a misting wall, BBQ area, outdoor movie screen, and fireplace seating for up to 20. And tenants won’t go hungry—the 48k-SF retail space occupying the sub-cellar to second floor will be home to a new Trader Joe’s, Bank of America, and others. The building has already won numerous awards, including “Best Apartment” from CNBC’s ’09 International Property Awards.

gotham.jpg

http://www.bisnow.com/new_york_commercial_real_estate_news_story.php?p=7814

Found this image:

200-west-72nd-225x300.jpg

http://westsideindep...ry/development/

This should go in the lot in between the Four Seasons and the u/c Embassy Suites, or nearby the Houston Pavilions. Maybe even next to Discovery Green, close to Hess Tower. That would be my ideal location, had something like this been built in Houston.

IDK, maybe you have to see it in person, but to me, nothing that impressive, other than the changing exterior at the top.

The thing I like about it is that it's forward thinking but restrained and classy. It's not like some crazy post modern design. It's not super tall but tall is not necessarily more beautiful.

The thing I like about the positioning of the open exterior is that it faces the corner of the intersection and all viewable sides, and it seems like "open arms" to those passing by and has a welcome feel to it. I think it would still be nice if it were just a box with the same unbroken vertical design, but the breakup really adds a nice soft punch to it.

I really like where you would like to put it...I too think it would fit nicely there.

Also...I've never seen it in person, I just saw it in the newsletter I posted. Thanks for the real photo.

And one last thing. I don't necessarily think it's the most wonderful design ever. I just stumbled upon it. I wasn't sifting through different buildings trying to find my favorite. I just like it. :)

The thing I like about it is that it's forward thinking but restrained and classy. It's not like some crazy post modern design. It's not super tall but tall is not necessarily more beautiful.

The thing I like about the positioning of the open exterior is that it faces the corner of the intersection and all viewable sides, and it seems like "open arms" to those passing by and has a welcome feel to it. I think it would still be nice if it were just a box with the same unbroken vertical design, but the breakup really adds a nice soft punch to it.

I really like where you would like to put it...I too think it would fit nicely there.

Also...I've never seen it in person, I just saw it in the newsletter I posted. Thanks for the real photo.

And one last thing. I don't necessarily think it's the most wonderful design ever. I just stumbled upon it. I wasn't sifting through different buildings trying to find my favorite. I just like it. smile.gif

Yes, very nice flair, and clean lines. Anyone have any photos of the back side, or another angle than the front? Just curious. I would love to tour this building for sure!

Archived