Sign in to follow this  
tmariar

Roeders Pub

I don't have any information other than this: Roeders Pub was granted a liquor license in February for the White Oak location just east of Studewood that used to be the Heights Sports and Social Lounge. Does anyone know anything else?

I've been to Roeders Pub in Montrose a handful of times over the years. It always seemed like a nice neighborhood place, with friendly people behind the bar.

3164824784_56a7a7b4d1.jpg

Only other thing I could find was the remodel permit:

Project No: 10008293

Date : 2010/02/19 00:00:00

USE : BAR REMODEL AND ADDITION 1-1-5-A2-B 20

Owner/Occupant : *ROEDERS IN THE HEIGHTS

Job Address : 2626 WHITE OAK DR 77009

Valuation : $ 0

Permit Type : PX

FCC Group : Non-Residential Alteration

Buyer : *SANDI ROEDER

That wouldn't suck. I have many fond memories of that location way back when it was the Reddi Room. I've always enjoyed Roeders

the few times I've been in. The new place would make a great local sports bar if they add enough tvs. Not to mention a potential new Haify happy hour location.

that would be great, indeed! i feel like the problem with that place has never been the location. it's always been the interior. we never even went to its last incarnation but that wine bar that was there sucked. you know if a wine bar fails when it's the only one in the whole neighborhood (BoomBoom Room wasn't open yet, nor Antidote which is like a substitute wine bar), it has to be bad.

I got some additional independent confirmation since I last posted. (Though of course this kind of thing is never 100% until the doors are open.)

Yeah, I'm pretty pleased, too. Unless people were hoping the place wouldn't reopen as a bar, I think this is about as good an outcome as possible for a number of reasons. And I think they will do really well there.

Edited by tmariar

I was hoping for a Texadelphia kind of place, personally (family friendly sports bar, not attracting Wash Ave crowd, more neighborhood crowd, good food and tv's) A bar will do, though.

Roeder's Pub is moving into Corkscrew Wine Bar's place at 1308 W 20th.

From Eater Houston:

Shuttered Sports Bar Roeder’s Pub Will Be Reborn In The Heights

The new spot will be called Providence. Or Goofbar.

For 11 years, Roeder’s Pub was one of Houston’s favorite watering holes. In 2014, the Upper Kirby bar was forced to shutter after the landlord sold the property. Now, it’s making a comeback at a familiar spot in the Heights.

A public notice from the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission indicates that Roeder’s will return to Houston in the coming months, but it won’t exactly be the same. The new location, at 1308 W. 20th Street, formerly played home to wine bar The Corkscrew, which shuttered abruptly back in June.

Owners have not yet decided on a name for the new bar, Sheila Jares, president of Roeder's Pub Company, said via email. Jares shared a marketing photo emblazoned with the name "Providence," but the public notice suggests that the pub will be called "Goofbar." (Goofbar?)

Opened in 2003 on South Shepherd, Roeder’s Pub was a happening neighborhood sports bar with a small but loyal crowd of regulars. The new Heights location will still be a good spot to watch sports. According to Jares, the spot will be an "eclectic patio sports wine lounge game-room bar," whatever that means.

Jares declined to provide more details on what exactly the concept will look like or a timeline for its opening, saying that "all the ideas are not concrete yet."

Edited by CrockpotandGravel

Instead of Roeders Pub the new name is Providence. From Roeders' Facebook page:

We finally have a new home (1308 W 20th.)!! Mid September. The first opening will be a private party only promoted through this page for Roeders regulars and family! So keep that part to ourselves. All the encouragement and support over the last year and a half is much appreciated. I am off to clean and polish some old Roeders flooring to use as some tabletops! Can't wait to see everyone again!!!!