Roeder's Pub At 3116 Shepherd Dr.

tmariar

I don't have any information other than this: Roeders Pub was granted a liquor license in February for the White Oak location just east of Studewood that used to be the Heights Sports and Social Lounge. Does anyone know anything else?

I've been to Roeders Pub in Montrose a handful of times over the years. It always seemed like a nice neighborhood place, with friendly people behind the bar.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3096/3164824784_56a7a7b4d1.jpg

Only other thing I could find was the remodel permit:

Project No: 10008293

Date : 2010/02/19 00:00:00

USE : BAR REMODEL AND ADDITION 1-1-5-A2-B 20

Owner/Occupant : *ROEDERS IN THE HEIGHTS

Job Address : 2626 WHITE OAK DR 77009

Valuation : $ 0

Permit Type : PX

FCC Group : Non-Residential Alteration

Buyer : *SANDI ROEDER

That wouldn't suck. I have many fond memories of that location way back when it was the Reddi Room. I've always enjoyed Roeders

the few times I've been in. The new place would make a great local sports bar if they add enough tvs. Not to mention a potential new Haify happy hour location.

that would be great, indeed! i feel like the problem with that place has never been the location. it's always been the interior. we never even went to its last incarnation but that wine bar that was there sucked. you know if a wine bar fails when it's the only one in the whole neighborhood (BoomBoom Room wasn't open yet, nor Antidote which is like a substitute wine bar), it has to be bad.

I got some additional independent confirmation since I last posted. (Though of course this kind of thing is never 100% until the doors are open.)

Yeah, I'm pretty pleased, too. Unless people were hoping the place wouldn't reopen as a bar, I think this is about as good an outcome as possible for a number of reasons. And I think they will do really well there.

• The title was changed to Roeder's Pub At 3116 Shepherd Dr.

Archived