The Honeymoon's Over!

feufoma

I don't think that's entirely fair.

The movement of government doesn't exactly sprint over a period of 9 months. I'd consider it the movement of frozen molasses. It takes time to fix a government to do your will. :)

I DO think that it was a big mistake to cut property taxes considering our current shortfall of funds.

Ricco

I think a lot of White's time has been spent on cleaning up the mess he inherited too. Since taking office he's had to find a new police chief, deal with a lot of financial issues, including the pension problem, and get people appointed to key positions so that the city government could start carrying out his agenda. That takes a lot of time and effort. I think that the synchronization of traffic lights and better management of street construction projects have been good steps by White's administration, although some of the first traffic lights in the project in Midtown are already out of sync. Hopefully the city will stay on top of this project and correct those issues as they come up.

I just think he needs to get cracking... and get organised, but how long exactly should that take?

Makes me want to run for mayor, and pick a few of y'all for departments, I bet we would make Houston better then anyone else ever could.

Just thinking about being mayor, I would spent night and day trying to make this city GREAT.

Well, I'm sure he is doing the same thing, Montrose. Fact of the matter is, while he may be the Boss of the city, he has alot of people to deal with as well. The City Comptroller isn't someone you can bully around, and seems like he's TRYING to keep us out of a deficit which is more than what other mayors fail to do during their shortfall.

There is more to being a Mayor than standing up and say, "Do that."

Ricco

Well, I'm sure he is doing the same thing, Montrose.  Fact of the matter is, while he may be the Boss of the city, he has alot of people to deal with as well.  The City Comptroller isn't someone you can bully around, and seems like he's TRYING to keep us out of a deficit which is more than what other mayors fail to do during their shortfall.

There is more to being a Mayor than standing up and say, "Do that."

Ricco

That may be true, but he could atleast let us know whats instore for us, or somthing he has in mind...

Its not fun to guess...

If I had a choice i would pick Lee brown again for the office. At lease he did created jobs for houston. What is Bill White doing, creating more street lights and fixing them? C'mon get real.

Um, Lee Brown only could have made goverment jobs, because where not a communist country, city, or state...

We make jobs, not the goverment...

• 5 months later...

Archived