Cy-Fair Issues

Cassiline

I just moved to the Cy-Fair area from Sugar Land and I'm not really familiar with the area beyond the massive traffic problems on Hwy. 290 every single day. Is there any big stuff going on around here besides transportation? I want to get involved, but have no idea what the issues are out here.

I just moved to the Cy-Fair area from Sugar Land and I'm not really familiar with the area beyond the massive traffic problems on Hwy. 290 every single day. Is there any big stuff going on around here besides transportation? I want to get involved, but have no idea what the issues are out here.

Biggest Issues are transportation - 290 Project (need to get it going faster), the Hempstead tollroad (private interest project running parallel to 290 that will probably happen faster than 290, because they want to force people onto it and not have a situation like they had on I-10's new project where nobody uses their tollway component), and the Grand Parkway expansion.

Cy-Fair ISD and other fast-growing districts around the state don't get their fair-share of per capita funding back from the State of Texas under the current formula. This needs to change in the next legislative session or our Reps and Senators need to be FIRED.

Other issues that are in their infancy, Cypress incorporation or Cy-Fair incorporation into its own city.

Cy-Fair ISD and other fast-growing districts around the state don't get their fair-share of per capita funding back from the State of Texas under the current formula. This needs to change in the next legislative session or our Reps and Senators need to be FIRED.

Is there a link detailing the exact formulas used by the State of Texas on how money is distributed to school districts?

• The title was changed to Cy-Fair Issues

Archived